viii. long day

for soph <3 ilysm

You opened your car door, tossing in your bag into the passenger seat before climbing in with a sigh. It had been a long day at work and the stress of having to deal with rude customers had given you a pounding headache.

You started the car, turning on the air conditioner in hopes to cool yourself down and relieve your headache as much as possible. You plugged your phone in and started to play some music, making sure to keep the volume low before beginning your drive home.

Your only focus was getting home quickly as all you wanted to do was snuggle into your bed for the night and forget that today even happened. Your drive home seemed to last longer than usual and by the time you pulled into the driveway you felt as though you were on the verge of a breakdown.

You put your car in park, grabbed your bag and made your way inside your house ready to head straight to your room. You closed the door behind you making sure to lock it before turning around, nearly dropping your bag as you noticed Loki standing in your kitchen doorway.

"Loki," you scolded, sending him a glare, "Don't do that, you scared me."

Loki just smirked but you rolled your eyes not feeling in the mood for his games.

"You could have told me you were coming over," you spoke as you brushed passed him into the kitchen, tossing your bag onto a chair and grabbing a water bottle, "You know I don't like when you scare me like-"

"Hey," you glanced up as Loki placed his hand on your arm, all signs of playfulness having vanished, "Are you okay?"

You wanted to push Loki away and escape to your room, but the sincerity and concern in his eyes made you realize that you really didn't want to be alone.

You sighed closing your eyes, willing yourself not to cry.

"Just a bad day," you spoke, glancing down to the water bottle in your hands. Loki gently lifted your chin so that you met his gaze, his eyes softening once he saw the tears that were building up.

"What happened my love?" Loki asked as he pulled you into his arms and you buried your head into his chest, finally allowing your tears to fall.

"A lot," you said through the tears, your mind replaying all of the things that went wrong that day.

"Take your time," Loki responded, running his hand through your hair and across your back as he held you close, "I'll listen for as long as you need."

You took a few breaths, allowing yourself to calm down slightly before beginning to explain everything to Loki.

"I was late to work because of traffic and my boss was already in a bad mood so it upset my boss even more which meant I barely got any breaks. Then one of the customers that I was serving kept complaining about their food. I had to have it remade three times and my boss kept blaming me. I wasn't even the one making the food!" you couldn't help the hot tears that streamed down your face as you felt some of the anger and frustration draining from your body. You had managed to keep yourself composed for most of the day but now that you were home and in the comforting arms of Loki, your emotions were spilling out.

"I'm so sorry darling," Loki comforted, placing a kiss on the top of your head and holding you close to him.

"It's fine, I'm sorry, I shouldn't be complaining," you replied pulling away slightly to wipe your tears away, trying to compose yourself.

"Hey," Loki spoke gently once again lifting your gaze to meet his, "You don't need to apologize. I'm here to listen and help you through all of the bad days."

"Thank you," you replied just above a whisper, Loki's words were just what you needed to hear today.

You leaned into his arms once more, just needing to spend sometime in his comforting embrace. Loki continued to rub your back, offering comforting words every now and then which helped you to fully calm down.

"Why don't we just call it a night and head upstairs," Loki spoke up, "I think we could both use some extra sleep."

You nodded as Loki grabbed your hand in his, bringing it to his lips and placing a gentle kiss on the back of it. He lead you out of the kitchen and up to your room where you quickly changed into your night clothes.

Once you walked out of the bathroom you found Loki already in bed, holding the blankets up so that you could join him. You did so, sliding close to him and he wrapped you in his arms once more.

"I love you Y/N," Loki said, his voice quiet and sincere, "Always and forever."

"I love you too," you replied, snuggling into Loki's chest as the steady rhythm of his heartbeat soothed you to sleep, "Forever and always."

—☽✰♥✧—

this started out decent and then continued to go downhill... sorry abt that

angeliclxki