ix. bobby

It was Friday night and you had just gotten off one of the longest shifts you'd ever worked. Three people had called in sick that morning so your manager had asked if you could stay later than normal. You reluctantly agreed thinking that it would only be 2-3 hours more but you ended up staying 6 hours over time; and you were exhausted to say the least.

It was now 12:30AM which wouldn't have been too bad if you hadn't gotten up at 5:30AM that morning. As you sat down in your car you felt like the weight of the world had been lifted off your shoulders. You hadn't been able to sit down for most of the day which resulted in your back and legs starting to ache towards the last few hours of your shift.

You thanked the stars that your boss had given you the next two days off in exchange for the extra work you did today.

You began your drive home, the thought of crawling into your warm bed and finally
being able to fall asleep pushed you to drive just a little fast.

That's when you thought of who would be waiting for you at home. You had felt terrible when you had to call home to Tom and inform him of your work schedule being changed for the day. He had come home from filming a few days ago and the two of you had planned to go to dinner tonight; which was quickly ruined by your boss and the no show coworkers. He reassured you over and over that it was okay and that you would reschedule dinner but you couldn't help but feel as if you had let him down.

You had been so lost in your thoughts that you hadn't realized you were already pulling into your garage. You gave an exhausted sigh as you turned off your car and grabbed your bag, craving the feeling of finally being able to relax in bed.

You quickly tossed your bag on the couch and kicked your shoes off, making a beeline upstairs to your room. You noticed the house was dark and quiet so you could only assume that Tom had already fallen asleep.

Your suspicions were soon confirmed as soon as you entered your room and you couldn't help the smile that spread across your face at the sight.

The lamp on the bedside table next to Tom was still on and you assumed he had been trying to wait up for you. He had since snuggled into the blankets, Bobby resting next to him as Toms arm lay draped across the little dogs body. The two of them seemed content as ever as they slept and your heart filled with warmth and love for the two of them.

A yawn drew your attention away from the two as you realized you needed to get ready for bed. Your body was begging you to get some much needed rest.

As soon as you were changed and ready for bed, you turned off the lamp Tom had left on and crawled into the bed next to him. Bobby shifted slightly at your presence and peered up at you.

"Hey bud," you whispered gently stroking the dogs head as he gave your hand a few licks, "You're in my spot little guy."

"There's room for two."

You shifted your attention to Tom who adjusted slightly so that he could pull you close to him while still giving Bobby enough room to cuddle into him as well.

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner tonight," you started allowing Tom to wrap his arms around you, "I didn't realize my boss meant me staying extra was actually 6 hours longer."

"Don't apologize my love," Tom replied, "It wasn't your fault and I know your boss probably really appreciated you staying and helping out."

You nodded against Toms chest already feeling the exhaustion taking over and pulling you towards sleep.

"We can plan for dinner tomorrow," Tom spoke, placing a kiss onto your head, "Goodnight Y/N, I love you."

"I love you too," you replied sleepily, finally allowing yourself to relax completely; feeling happy to have Tom as well as Bobby to fall asleep with.

—☽✰♥✧—

thank you soph for the idea

angeliclxki