Chapter 21

"Do You Want to Know a Secret" - The Beatles   

The light coming through Steve's window hits my eyes and I instinctively turn my head, trying to block it out. But the annoyance is enough to wake me up and I slowly start to open my eyelids, easing myself awake. I'm on my back, the covers pulled up to my chest. I look over to see Steve lying on his stomach, his head turned towards me still fast asleep. One of his arms is tucked underneath the blanket, thrown over my hips, and I try hard not to move too much so I don't wake him up. I look over at the nightstand and try to reach over to grab my phone. With my eyes still a little groggy I can vaguely see that there's a message from Nat, but I can't really make out what it says.

I set it back down and then go completely still when I feel Steve stir beside me. He lets out a sleepy moan, but then sighs, his breathing regulating into a steady pace. His hand on my hip slightly flexes, and he starts subconsciously caressing my skin. I try to close myself, wanting to give myself a few more moments of sleep with Steve's gentle touch on me, until I feel his hand wander and start to slide a little farther towards my center.

I grab his hand before any part of him touches me there.

"Sorry." he mumbles beside me. "Force of habit."

Asshole. He was awake the whole time.

"You're a terrible liar Steve Rogers." I say, throwing his hand off of me.

He chuckles as he turns over onto his back, the blanket sliding off and landing on his waist, leaving his beautiful chest exposed. And it's oh, so tempting. I turn so I can lay myself on him, but immediately wince at the slight pain that shoots through me.

"Oh....shit." I chuckle as I lift myself to lay on his chest, throwing one leg over him.

"Sore?" Steve asks, already used to me ending up like this after our more adventurous nights. His hand comes up and he starts caressing up and down my thigh that I have draped over him.

"I mean, we should have already expected it." I say, resting my cheek against his skin. "We had sex four times last night. And we weren't exactly gentle."

"Excuse me." he says, stopping the motion of his hand. "It was more than four times."

"No, you made me come more than four times. But as talented as your tongue is I can guarantee you it's not what made me sore." I say, tracing patterns on his stomach.

Suddenly Steve tucks a finger under my chin and tilts my head up so I can look at him. "Is that a challenge?" he asks, and immediately a thousand dirty images go running wild in my head.

"Oh dear god yes. Please...please take the challenge of trying to make me sore with your mouth." I say, hoping he's serious about this.

He throws his head back laughing, which kind of gives me the idea that he was joking. But I can't even be disappointed because one of my favorite things in the world is hearing Steve laugh.

But this moment of joy is quickly ruined when I hear my phone ring with an alarm. I groan as I turn around and shut it off, coming right back and resting again on his chest as I let out an annoyed whine.

"What?" Steve asks as his hand starts to rub up and down my back.

"I have to go." I mumble against his skin. "But I really don't want to."

"So don't. Stay here with me." he says, his arms wrapping tighter around me, as if he thinks I won't go if he holds onto me.

He has no idea how badly I want to say yes and just spend the whole day here in bed with him. But I have obligations that are technically for him. "I can't. I promised I'd help set up for your party. And before that I'm going to need some coffee because someone kept me up late last night."