What if...Chapter 25

"Hold On" - Chord Overstreet

I feel a warm hand come across my stomach, and my mind is pulled from sleep. I slowly start to open my eyes, and see my favorite face sleeping next to me.

My Bucky.

I watch him for a moment, enjoying the peacefulness reflected on his face. Things have gotten better, the nights when he wakes up in a panic have become less and less common. But they're still there. He's still dealing with the trauma of his past and he will probably continue to do so for his entire life. And I will be here for him, whenever and however he needs me.

We've been living together for a few months now. Our relationship solidified after the whole quinjet mess I had with Steve. Bucky forgave me for kissing Steve, and after finally getting the closure I needed from that, we were both able to move on.

I love Bucky, and I want to wake up every morning right next to him.

He slowly starts to open his eyes and as soon as he sees me a huge smile comes across his face. His hand slides down to my side as he pulls me closer to him. I let out a small yelp of surprise, but I'm quickly quieted when he presses his lips against mine.

"Good morning." he whispers, his voice still a little groggy.

"Morning." I say, and slide my hand up his cheek, pulling his mouth back down to mine. He hums in response, and then shifts us so that he ends up on top of me. His kisses become desperate, needy, hungry, which I didn't think would be possible considering how hard he wore me out last night...and the night before that...and honestly most of the nights ever since we first had sex. But I'm definitely not complaining. I gladly give him back every ounce of pleasure he gives me.

Bucky lets out a satisfied hum, but then he lifts himself off of me before I get a chance to go any further.

"What the hell?" I whine, watching him as he gets up and puts on some pants.

"It's my turn to make breakfast." he says, feigning innocence while very purposefully deciding not to put a shirt on.

I come up, leaning on my elbows as my eyes roam down his body, knowing I'll never get tired of that sight. "I'm hungry for something else." I say, dragging my bottom lip through my teeth.

Bucky smiles, and I can see the lust starting to fill his eyes. "I bet you are, doll." he says as he comes towards me. He brings his metal arm up, wrapping it around my throat and holding me in place as he brings his mouth to mine. I moan as he kisses me, hard and hungry, before he pulls away, once again leaving me wanting. "Breakfast first, then that dirty little mouth of yours can have whatever it wants." he whispers, dragging his thumb along my bottom lip before he starts heading back to the door.

"I guess I'll just stay here and take care of myself then." I tease, causing Bucky to stop just before he opens the door. He turns around, his eyes giving me a clear warning. One of course I take as a challenge. I lift my arms up, stretching out on the bed and purposefully letting his t-shirt that I'm wearing rise up, exposing my underwear and a hint of my stomach.

I see his jaw tighten as he comes back towards me. I smile triumphantly, thinking I've convinced him, but much to my surprise he simply reaches down and I let out a yelp as he hauls me up so that I'm forced to wrap my legs around his hips as he carries me out the door.

He sits me down on the counter as he proceeds to make us breakfast, which he finds a little difficult considering he can't keep his hands off of me. He cooks with one hand while the other rests on my knee, not to mention the fact that he keeps leaning over to give me soft kisses and it's a wonder nothing burns.