Chapter 18

A/N I had another dream! Bokuto did a jump serve, the ball smacked Tsukishima in the shins, and Tsukshima went limp like a noodle-

Italics = Thoughts

--- = Timeskip/Scene Change

-----------------------------------------

Your POV

My head and my heart, are torturing me yeah! Lost my mind in your arms, I go to extremes yeah!

You danced as you headed down the sidewalk, music blasting in your ears from your earbuds. There weren't many people on the sidewalk, since it was nighttime after all. So, you were vibing and dancing down the street.

You passed by open stores, the lights from their windows passing by as you moved, dancing to the song's beat. (Which was My Head & My Heart by Ava Max) Just as you were about to spin, your music stopped, and your ringtone played through your earbuds. 

You paused in your tracks, your eyes narrowing in annoyance. Really? Now of all times? Are you serious?

You begrudgingly pulled out your phone. I was dancing and vibing, and someone of course had to call m-

Your eyes widened and you sucked in a breath of air as you saw who was calling. Mom? Why is she calling? I thought she was working...

You pressed the green button, picking up the call. You grabbed your earbud's microphone and held it to your mouth. "Hey mom," you said. You started to walk again, the light from the open store's passing by. "Hey hon. How have you been?" she asked in her usual, serious, and strict tone. You internally sighed. "I'm doing okay, I'm heading to (B/N)'s work since I just got done with-"

"That's great. Look, I wanted to tell you something," she said, interrupting you. You furrowed your brows in annoyance and bit the inside of your mouth. Of course, going and interrupting me like always...

"What is it?" you asked, looking down at the cracks in the pavement. "Your father and I have another business trip we need to attend. It's another large project that we have to work on," she said. You heard paper ruffling in the background. "We'll be in Hyogo Prefecture for about two weeks, and then we'll be in Nagano Prefecture for a week to finish the project,"

You felt your throat constrict and your eyes sting slightly, but you took a deep breath, calming yourself down slightly. They're leaving again?! Are you kidding me?! They didn't even come home for dinner this week!

You heard your mom sigh, probably because of your silence. "Look, we'll come home and have dinner with you and (B/N) when we get back, okay? We'll even have your favorite," she offered. You bit the inside of your mouth, looking up to see the Sakura Cafe in the distance. You looked down again. "Sure..." you replied. 

You heard your mom hum. "Alright then. Your father and I will keep in touch with (B/N) and you while we're on the trip. Don't forget to do your laundry and clean your room," she said. "I will," you replied, clenching your hand tighter around your phone. "Bye," she said flatly. 

"Bye mom... Wait, tell dad I said hi-" 

You heard the familiar beep, signifying that she had hung up. You pursed your lips and felt your throat constrict again, the stinging sensation coming to your eyes again. You nodded slightly and looked back up again, gripping your phone even tighter. So... another business trip... Why can't they stay home for once? 

You quickly arrived in front of the cafe, and you pulled your earbuds out of your ears. You stood in front of the doors and sighed. You felt tears welling up in your eyes, but you blinked them away. No... I won't cry, this has happened enough. I shouldn't be surprised or upset anymore.