Chapter 14

A/N  I think I'm just going to add a cursed Haikyuu image at the beginning of every chapter.

Italics = Thoughts

----------------- = Timeskip/Scene Change

-----------------------------------

Your POV

The team along with you and Kiyoko walked down Aoba Johsai's main path, making your way to the bus. Ugh, I can't wait to get home, though I'll probably have to walk. (B/N) is probably working right now and-

"I know what Mr. Takeda said, but to be blunt, we're lacking something vital to play and actually win a game against Seijoh with Oikawa on it," Daichi spoke up. You blinked and nodded, thinking back to the game. Mr. Popular did seem pretty seasoned with his setting, I'll give him that. But that serve was also crazy! How hard did he hit that?

"Wow... Very well said captain," a voice said, making you jump. You looked around the boys to see Oikawa leaning against the brick wall of the school entrance. You deadpanned.

"That's surprisingly astute," Oikawa said before looking towards the group. Suddenly, everyone went into some type of "attack mode". "Watch out, it's the Great King!" Hinata exclaimed. You cocked your head to the side, kinda confused. I mean, I know he's a threat on the court and everything, but why are they so apprehensive of him off the court? He doesn't seem that bad, well, if you count the weird facade of charm he has, then maybe...?

"What's your damage?" Tanaka asked, walking closer to the brown-haired male with Hinata. "Got a problem?" Hinata asked. "You wanna rumble?" Tanaka asked. "Yeah, let's rumble," Hinata declared. Uh, guys, maybe you're taking that a little bit too far?-

"Aw, you guys don't need to get yourselves so worked up," Oikawa said, giving the two a closed eye smile. "But hey short stuff! That last one-touch and broad jump were pretty ace-like!" he said, addressing Hinata. "Huh? Oh..." Hinata replied, looking flattered. 

"Next time, try to use full force from the start," Oikawa said. "You haven't seen my real set-up, but don't worry, we'll work on perfecting our serves until then," Dang, this dude seems a little full of himself, but he also seems to have faith in his teammates... eh, that's the vibe I got from him at least.

Oikawa continued to talk, walking towards the group. Though, if we haven't seen their real set-up, then how do they usually play? What do they-

Oikawa pointed at Kageyama. "I want to squash my special, little underclassman in an official game fair and square, as a fellow setter," he said with a smirk on his face. I- squad, what? First of all, why did he describe Kageyama as his special, little underclassman? That sounds sus.

"Yeah, well, we can train to receive!" Hinata exclaimed, grabbing onto Tsukishima's jacket sleeve. "Hey, let go!" Tsukishima exclaimed, trying to pull his jacket sleeve out of Hinata's grip. 

Oikawa's face dropped. "Receives aren't something you can perfect in a day," he said matter-of-factly. "I'm sure your captain can attest to that," Oh my god, the absolute SHADE! I mean, I'm pretty sure that was a compliment, but the shade behind that was unreal- why is this man standing in front of me?

"And before I go, I'd like to get Coffee-chan's number," he said, looking down at you with a slightly attractive smirk. Oikawa himself could feel the upset glares aimed at his back at the moment. I- Coffee-chan? The audacity of this bi-

You blinked at him with a blank face before moving your head back and looking at him like he had grown two head. "Uh, no," you said bluntly, blinking at him again.