Chapter 25

-April 11, 2021-

A/N So, I had another dream- I was walking through this forest place, but it was somehow merged with my house? Idk, but anyway, I'm walking on through, and I hear something that vaguely sounds like, "You should have come to Shiratorizawa,". I whipped around, and Ushijima was standing there, but his face was weirdly distorted. From what I remember, one of his eyes was on his chin- He then got down on all fours and started sprinting at me, then I woke up, so-

Italics = Thoughts

--- = Timeskip/Scene Change

-----------------------------------------

Your POV

You placed your last dish on the long table, crossing your arms proudly. You looked at all the food you, Kiyoko, and Takeda had cooked for the team and sighed. God, that was a lot... How many times did I burn myself? 5?

You looked at your hands and wrists, looking at the gauze wrapped around them from burning yourself. Aha, I may be able to cook some things, but I suck at keeping myself uninjured-

"Of course it is! I've never been to a training camp before!"

You perked up, looking towards the doors. "Oh hey, they're here. Might as well go say hey," you mumbled, turning around and walking towards the doors. You pushed a door open, peeking out. "Hey guys-"

"Kiyoko lives right by here, she goes home whenever the day's over, and (L/N) is staying with her," Sugawara said, smiling at Tanaka. 

Tanaka and Nishinoya practically flopped to the floor, lying face down in a soldier position. Sugawara walked away like a penguin, sass in his step. The grey-haired male noticed you and his face lit up. "Oh, (L/N), hey-"

You snorted, covering your mouth with your hand. Don't laugh, don't laugh-

You snorted again, before breaking down laughing, wrapping on arm around your stomach. "I-" you tried to speak, laughing some more. "I- Holy crap! You decimated them!" you exclaimed, leaning on the doorframe. Sugawara stood there, frozen, a blush on his face. Her... laughter is beautiful... He thought, mesmerized.

Kageyama stared, a blush on his face as well. I've never heard her laugh before, it's... really nice. He thought, looking away. 

Tsukishima looked away. "Tch," Her laughter is so annoying, it's like windchimes- no, it's like squeeze bottle! He thought, scowling to himself. The blush on his face revealed what he truly felt though.

Blushes erupted around the room as the team witnessed their caffeine-addicted, tired manager laugh for the first time. Not just a giggle or a chuckle, full-blown laughter.

Damn, it was beautiful.

Your laughter started to quiet down, turning into quiet chuckles. "Ahh, geez, you massacred them!" you said, wiping a tear from your eye. "Y-Yeah..." Sugawara replied, staring at you. "Anyway, how was your guys' practice? Kiyoko and I had to leave early, so I'd like to know," you asked, giving him a lazy smile.

Sugawara snapped out of his daze. "Oh, it was good! Coach had us practice receives mostly, but we practiced serves and sets as we- wait, what happened to your hands?" he asked, noticing the bandages wrapped around your fingers. 

"Oh? These? Ah, I burned myself while cooking, it's no big deal. Just soaked them in some soy sauce, wrapped them up, and they'll be all better in a few days," you assured. "Okay..." he replied, not completely convinced. Yet, you didn't seem to be in pain, so he let it be.