she forgets a date (requested)

You sat on the sofa with your arms folded and your jaw clenched as Madelaine walked through the door.

Finally, at ten o'clock that night, she was home. But you weren't all that happy to see her like you usually would be,

You could feel her eyes on you right away, but you refused to look her way. You heard her kick off her shoes and then softly speak as she made her way to sit down beside you.

"You look upset. Did something happen today?" She asked and tried to lay her hand on your thigh, only for you to push it away. "Are you upset with me? What'd I do?"

You scoffed and stared at her. Instead of a look of anger in your eyes, you looked more saddened about something instead.

"More like what you didn't do," you said and she furrowed her eyebrows in response. "You don't even remember, do you?"

"Remember what?"

You shook your head with a sigh and tried to get up, only for her to gently wrap her fingers around yours and plead for you to stay and open up to her.

"Tell me what's wrong. It's the only way I can make it better."

You didn't look at her, though. You stared down at your lap as you mumbled,

"You promised."

"Promised what, baby?" she cooed as she brushed her fingertips along your knuckles.

"That you'd be here. For our date tonight. We were supposed to have a movie night, but it's getting late now and I suppose you're too tired."

She furrowed her brows once more in confusion before it all sank in and the memory of the promise she made you for your planned date tonight hit her, leaving her feeling utterly awful and so guilty.

And that guilt only grew as she met your sad eyes.

"Shoot, baby, I'm so sorry. It completely slipped from my mind."

"I figured. I get it." You said, sounding so incredibly sad as the words fell from your soft lips.

"Please don't be so sad. I know I forgot but I will make it up to you. I promise. If you'll let me, that is."

You lifted your head and looked at her for the first time since she got home. Your eyes still looked sad, but she didn't miss the sparkle that lingered for a moment.

"What do you have in mind?"

"How about we have a major movie night tomorrow? It's my day off, so we'll watch a bunch of movies together. We can cuddle, take a bubble bath, eat some takeout from your favorite spot. Maybe I'll even go out to the store for some snacks. Does that sound okay?"

And to her surprise, you threw your arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"Sounds perfect."

She smiled and rubbed your back lovingly.

"So no more being sad. Alright? Forgive me?"

You nodded and she kissed your lips sweetly a few times before pulling away.

"C'mon. Let's go to bed and cuddle. We've got an exciting day ahead tomorrow!" She grinned as she led you up the stairs, prepared to spoil you like crazy tomorrow with so much love and cuddles, and your favorite snacks, too; anything you wanted if it meant seeing you smile.