paparazzi overwhelms you

Madelaine wrapped her arm around you and pulled you close as you strolled down the sidewalk.

You were basking in the sunshine together, enjoying the last few hours of sun left in the day before the sun would set. It's her first of many days off and she's determined to spend them with you, and spoil you as much as possible; even if it's only by giving you lots of love and affection.

With a coffee in your hand from your favorite cafe and Madelaine's arm around you, you felt happier than you have the last few days. She was talking to you about what you could do tonight; trying to toss ideas out for you to choose from like a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant or some takeout with your favorite film on.

Both sounded good to you! But before you even got the chance to answer, you were startled by the sound of people calling your name and Madelaine's, too. You could tell the voices were getting closer to you and there were loud footsteps on the ground as well as the sound of your photo being taken.

"Just one afternoon," Madelaine grumbled under her breath as she rolled her eyes. "Just ignore them, babe. Don't let anything they say get to you. Let it all go in one ear and out the other and don't let go of my hand. I promise I won't let go of yours, either." She whispered in your ear and tightened her grip on your hand.

You inhaled shakily and exhaled the same way. You lowered your gaze and watched your feet on the ground. You took deep breaths as the yells got louder. You tried to ignore the feeling of people that you passed by watching you and Madelaine, suddenly intrigued by the flashing lights and the loud mentions of your name.

"Where are we gonna go?" You asked Madelaine as you continued to walk. She had to have a destination in mind! You couldn't just walk around for hours; they're relentless and they'd follow you anywhere.

"I don't know. A cafe or something. We'll call a cab so we won't get followed all the way home." She responded. Just like you, she was staring at her feet. Her hand held tight onto yours and she'd only look away from her feet when she needed to check on you.

Everything was fine. You were getting close to being tucked away in the cafe up the road for a little bit; a place where you could have some privacy for a little while. But as quickly as your mind seemed to be put to rest, it was racing again when one particular man seemed to be getting closer to you.

He was practically yelling into your ear now. You cleared your throat and tried to get closer to Madelaine in any way that you could, but then there was a tug at your shirt causing you to stumble over the crack in the sidewalk and gasp in shock.

"I was talking to you!"

Madelaine's jaw dropped. She was shocked by this man's audacity! Did he really tug at your shirt? Did he really think that was alright?

"Hey! Leave her alone! Can't you see she's frightened? We both are! No one likes you constantly shoving your camera in our faces and having to be followed everywhere we go. You could at least give us a little room to breathe!" She yelled, clearly fed up and frustrated. "And don't ever touch my girl again."

She pulled you into her arms and held you as tight as she could until she breathed out a sigh of relief upon seeing the sign for the cafe on the window. "We're here. Come on, baby."

She held the door open for you and you both stepped inside. The sound of the camera flashes faded out as the door closed behind you both and the bell that signaled another customer had arrived sounded.

There were only three other people in the cozy cafe. You and Madelaine took a seat and caught your breath.

"You're okay? You're not hurt or anything?"

"No. Just startled me a little but I'm alright." You said as you reached across the table and took ahold of her hand. "Besides, you were there to keep me safe. I know I'll always be safe with you."

Shre smiled and brushed her thumb across your knuckles. "Always, baby."