break up prank (requested)

Madelaine was thrilled to be home earlier than usual today. It was early in the evening and after her busy day, she looked forward to spending the hours left in the day right in your arms.

"Y/N?" She called out as she kicked off her shoes before she made her way up the stairs and to the bedroom.

Your name was on the tip of her tongue, a smile tugging at her lips. But it faded when she walked into the room to find you on the bed with your suitcase and packed bags around you. Clothes were folded on the sheets, ready for you to pack away.

"Hey," she whispered before she attempted to slow her pounding heart. "What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?"

"Yeah." You replied. "I'm going away for a while."

"Oh. Like a vacation?"

You sighed as you turned to look at her.

"No. Like a break."

"A break? From what? From... me?"

Your heart dropped, your teeth sinking into your lower lip. You're already regretting agreeing to this prank your friends dared you to pull on your girlfriend.

But still, you shrugged your shoulders before returning to packing the bags.

"I just think we should take some time apart."

"But... I-I don't want time apart. I want you." She murmured sadly, lip wobbling as tears gathered in her eyes. "You can't go, y/n. Not like this, not ever. I love you too much. Please don't go." She pleaded, breaking your heart.

"Madelaine-"

"No," she whimpered. "I love you."

You sighed shakily and tried to think of what to say, only for her to come over and throw the bags onto the floor.

She did the same to the clothes, tossing them messily along the floor before putting your suitcase down, too. It fell over, the clothes inside falling onto the floor, as well.

She threw her arms around you, hugging you as tight as she possibly could. Her face buried in your neck, her shaky breaths tickling your skin.

"Please don't go."

"I won't." You promised as you put your arms around her. "I'm not going anywhere."

"Really?" She mumbled as she pulled away. "But you said-"

"It was a prank."

You thought she'd go wide-eyed from your confession. But instead, her eyes filled with sadness.

"I can't believe you'd do such a thing to me."

"I'm sorry."

"You should be!" She exclaimed as she pulled away. "It wasn't funny, y/n. It was terrifying! How would you feel if I did that to you?"

"crushed..."

"Exactly." She muttered before sighing. "You're lucky I love you."

"So lucky." You said as she put her cheek on your shoulder. "No more pranks ever again. I promise."

"Good." She agreed. "I love you."

"Love you too. What can I do to make it up to you, my love?" You asked as you peppered her head with kisses.

"Just keep holding me." She whispered. "It's all I want right now."

You just nodded in agreement, promising to never let go, and never do such a terrible thing to her ever again.