she falls asleep on your lap

"Cozy?" You giggled, staring down at Madelaine as she laid her head on your lap. Her legs hung over the arm of the sofa, her hand wrapped in yours allowing for her to brush her thumb along your palm in soft circles.

"Very." She spoke softly as she closed her eyes. A smile tugged at her lips and she scrunched her nose up when you leaned down to kiss the tip. "I've missed these days with you." She said before opening her eyes, locking with yours right away. "I've missed you. It's nice to have some time off. I'm so excited to spend it with you."

"Same here."

She breathed out a happy sigh before turning her head to gaze at the tv. The movie on was one of your favorites, but you found yourself staring down at her instead. With lots of time off to spend with each other, a movie and some takeout seemed like the best way to begin it.

She let you choose the movie first while she planned on choosing the next. But your fingers soon found their way to her long locks and she knew right away that she'd end up falling asleep before that got to happen.

She hummed, her eyes instinctively closing. She turned her head and fought to open them, sending you a smile when your eyes met yet again.

"You're making me sleepy."

"You've been sleepy, baby." You corrected her, watching as she let out a heavy sigh afterward. "You've been working hard lately, you've just been getting whatever sleep you can in between. But if you're feeling tired now, you can get some rest."

She closed her eyes and when you moved your other hand to lay on her cheek, she found herself leaning into your touch. She kissed your palm softly and then began to relax, knowing she'd be falling asleep in no time.

"I love you. When I wake up we can spend more time together."

"I like the sound of that, baby." You said before leaning down to lovingly brush your lips against her forehead. "Get some sleep. I love you lots. Have sweet dreams."

She just nodded her head weakly before she drifted off to sleep, feeling cozy and content with her head right on your lap.