you're cold

"Goodnight, honey." Madelaine smiled as she planted a lingering kiss to your forehead then turned off the light and fell onto her back.

Tonight's the first night you're staying over with Madelaine. You came a little unprepared since your stay wasn't really planned. It's only because time had gotten away from you; one movie turned into two and two into three and the next thing you knew it was well after midnight, almost nearing one in the morning.

It wasn't exactly unsafe to go walk home at this time. But there were storms coming through and Madelaine didn't want you to get caught up in that. So she offered you to stay the night and you happily accepted.

However, she left the window open. It's something she does most nights. She feels comforted by the warm breeze coming through the window.

But the difference tonight was that the breeze wasn't a warm one. Since a storm was on its way in the air had turned a little cold. The wind was starting to howl and you thought you heard what sounded like thunder in the distance.

You tried to stay calm and warm by covering up with the blanket with Madelaine. It was fluffy and cozy and perfect to snuggle up in on a night like tonight. You closed your eyes since they were starting to become too heavy to keep open.

But just as they closed, you felt the blanket being tugged at.

Confused, you opened your eyes again. The blanket was sliding right out from under you. Madelaine was sleeping still, but even in her sleep, she sighed contentedly from the warmth the fluffy blanket gives.

You tried to tug some of it back, but her grip on it was getting strong. You curled up into yourself and covered up with the part of the blanket you still had. But it just wasn't warm enough.

The wind was still blowing harshly and you shivered as it rushed over you.

Too cold to sleep, you made the tough choice to reach over and shake Madelaine awake; no matter how much you didn't want to.

"Y/N? Is everything okay?" She mumbled when she opened her eyes a few seconds later.

"No."

"Why not? Did something happen? Did you change your mind about staying tonight?"

"No! No, nothing like that, babe. It's just that, well, you left the window open and it's cold and you stole your blanket away..."

"Oh, Y/N. I'm so sorry. Here, let me go close the window."

She was out of bed before you could protest. But you were too cold to even try. As soon as the window was closed and the cold air was no longer getting it, you started to feel much more relaxed.

"Is there anything you need besides part of the blanket? Something warm to drink or anything?"

You shook your head and she climbed back under the covers with you again. But this time, she happily threw some of it over you and then pulled you into her arms.

"I love you." She said, kissing your forehead. "Are you any warmer?"

"Yeah, a lot warmer, actually. Thank you. I love you too."

She held onto you as you both closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep together.