she wants your attention

Laying in bed with her arm around you, Madelaine felt content and happier than she has for most of the week. A movie was playing and she was having the time of her life watching it; throwing her head back with laughter at every funny scene.

"Are you enjoying the movie, darling?" She asked and, for the first time in a little while, looked away from the tv to look over at you. She pouted when she saw you twiddling your thumbs and scrolling through your phone.

She let out a sigh and reached for the remote to pause the movie so neither of you would miss anything, although she couldn't help but wonder how much of this you'd already missed.

"Y/N?" She whispered and watched your eyes move as you read something over. Leaning down, she laid a soft kiss to your forearm and tilted her head back up just in time to see you smile a little. "Baby? Are you watching this?"

You didn't answer and the pout on her lips returned. She moved to lie on top of you causing laughter to fall from your lips. You looked away from your phone and up at her with those big, bright eyes she adores so much.

"Yes?"

"What do you mean 'yes'? We're supposed to be watching a movie together. Remember?" She rested her chin on your chest and felt the steady beat of your heart. "I want to spend time with my girl. I've been busy lately, I feel like I haven't had much time to spend with you."

She gave you her best pouty face and you found yourself caving in immediately like you do every time.

"I love you." You whispered and hooked your fingers under her chin. She chuckled and crawled up your body, expecting you to kiss her lips. But instead, you kissed across her entire face, causing her to burst out laughing. Her heart was beating rapidly against yours, happiness rushing over her again and again.

"I love you too."

Finally, you gave her that sweet kiss she's been waiting for.

"Resume the movie."

She nodded excitedly and fell back down beside you. When she hit play you rolled into her arms and she held onto you right away; happy to hold you close and never let you go.