CHAPTER 12

"You can't expect everyone to have the same amount of dedication as you," ~ Jeff Kinney

CHAPTER 12

THIRD PERSON POV

recap:

"We will make them family," Sang starts, directing her attention to both Sparrow and Spencer, making eye contact with both, "Because a team should be more than just a team, a team should be a family, one that would do everything for you, be anything for you, and love you through everything."

"I feel like we just got propositioned," Sparrow whispers, cutting her eyes to Spencer who rolls his eyes at her in a good-humored way.

"You're the one who's propositioned like three of them," He snarks smirking over at his sister who scoffs in reply.

"Only because you don't have the balls to proposition anyone, much less three someone's."

"I do believe that I'm the only one in this relationship with balls," Spencer ducks in his seat just in time for a book to come flying over his head. Silas catches it out of mid-air as Kota and Victor both start yelling about her throwing a book, Owen rolling his eyes and pinching his nose, while Luke ruffles Sparrow's hair and stands up, moving to Sang who smiles slightly at the scene.

currently:

"I hate dead bodies," Sparrow groans, leaning her head on Spencer's shoulder, who scoffs under his breath.

"You're the one who carries a meat grinder in the back of your car so when we go to a scene in our personal vehicle you can bring it with you and terrify the new recruits by mentioning you brought to meat grinder to grind up the body for that next weekend's bureau burger grill-out."

"Please tell me that only happened once?" Owen asks, the exasperation in his voice evident for everyone present at the crime scene.

The initial plan had been to completely pull the twins from all public outings, both personal and those relating to the investigation. Of course, that had only worked for three days, and now two of the Blackbourne team, the BAU, and the twins all stood surrounded by various police officers and federal agents.

"It happened about seventeen times, every homicide victim we worked on that wasn't a serial killing she would bring her meat grinder, just to terrify the recruits." Hotch snapped, leveling a glare at Owen, who rolled his eyes at the man behind his sunglasses.

"Don't pretend it just freaked out the recruits, the first two times you acted like you honestly thought I was gonna grind the victim up!" Sparrow antagonizes, winking at Owen, who only rolls his eyes under his glasses, yet again.