CHAPTER 4

Author Harlan Ellison wrote, "The minute people fall in love, they become liars

Author Harlan Ellison wrote, "The minute people fall in love, they become liars."

CHAPTER 4

THIRD POV

recap:

"Decoding cues of interest and recoding similar ones?" Both Sparrow and Spencer ask again, neither one having the faintest clue as to how one would actually pick someone up. Obviously, seeing as Sparrow straight up asked Sang on a date.

"Pretty much. If you're too obvious, you turn off your target. If you're oblivious, your target moves on to a better profiler." Morgan moves towards Sparrow, grabbing her hand and hauling her out of her comfortable criss-cross-applesauce position at the foot of Victor's bed.

"Which brings us around to the fact that he couldn't figure that out by himself, he would need help of some sort."

"Or it is a completely different unsub." Sparrow and Spencer add on, their tones matching, had they been in the same room they definitely would have been giving each other a look. Something was not adding up. 

currently:

"Why do we always have to play with stuff like this? Can't we just do normal mundane things without all the extra pizzaz?" Sparrow whined as Spencer and she walked into the diner. The same diner that they're newest victim had been dining at when she magically fell in love with a serial killer and got murdered. Moron.

"It's our job, stop complaining." Spencer groans, walking over to the booth in the furthest corner, a frown on his own face.

"No, dearest brother, it's your job. I just tag along because I'm bored and because the federal government is bitchy." Sparrow snaps, settling into her seat, directly beside Spencer despite them being in a six-person booth, with a sigh and eye roll.

"Well, if your ass wasn't so ADHD and spastic you wouldn't be that bored. But alas, you don't know what the term slow down means."

"Says the moron who graduated and does literally everything that I do."

"Why are you calling me a moron? You literally asked a girl out a few days ago, and you knew she was in a relationship."

"At least I ask someone out in general! I'm trying to find someone that can put up with our annoying asses! Particular yours, Einstein."

"Excuse me," North tries interjecting, his brows furrowed as the twin's debate echos across the empty dinner. It was four in the morning, and both him and Luke had been here all night because the graveyard workers had all called in sick.

"Really? You're comparing me to that weeb now? Come on Birdie, I know you can come up with a better analogy. Unless all the drugs have finally gone to your brain."