CHAPTER 6

"Death ends a life

"Death ends a life. Not a relationship." – by Mitch Albom

CHAPTER 6

THIRD POV

recap:

"And the wound that the unsub inflicts on the victims, it's the same one that Sparrow and I have, in the same location, across the lower abdomen. Except ours wasn't to gut us, but punish us, and it was only deep enough to leave a raised scar." Spencer adds, coming out of the restroom finally with a frown on his face.

"What am I looking for on the body, Birdie, and Bear?"

"A small v carved into the tip of their left ring finger. It will look like an old wound, as it would have been the first thing done hours before the death."

"It will most likely have chemicals in it, so it will be extremely clean and nearly translucent."

Sparrow and Spencer both look at each other, both of their eyes full of fear, fear that only they would understand. It had taken five days since Vanessa Holden's initial death, but they might have finally connected the first of the dots needed to solve the case. And if they were right, if Phil found the v on the girl's hand, then whatever this was, it was a lot bigger than a single, or even multiple unsubs. This was the start of something much worse. And they were not ready to fight the demons that they would have to face with this case.

currently:

"When I said I wanted to see you this evening I did not mean I wanted to see you injured and bleeding in an emergency room bed with your brother unconscious next to you," Phil Roberts snaps while rushing into the emergency room.

Sparrow laid on one of the white beds, well once white beds, Hotch and Prentiss holding pressure on long cuts down her legs. One thing that Sparrow did not do was nurses and doctors, especially if she was injured. The only doctor she allowed near herself was Phil and... well herself.

"Check Spencer," She pants out, her eyes full of tears as she looks over at her brother's limp form on the Ambulance stretcher, "I can manage for another hour or so, but he's unconscious and I wasn't able to get a status report from him before he kicked the bucket."

Sean Green and Owen Blackbourne, the latter having been red-lined by Phil the second he heard his grandaughter was being rushed in, strolled into the room. One wore a normal impassive face and the other wore a dopey smile while he practically pranced up to the disheveled red-haired-brunette on the bed.

"When someone said that a beautiful pumpkin pie just got rushed into the ER, I didn't think you'd be this gorgeous!" Sean tutters, quickly slipping on gloves and going to examine Sparrow.

In a manner of practiced precision, Sparrow was out of the bed and across the room before anyone could blink, her chest heaving up and down as she glared at the curly hair blonde man.