CHAPTER 10

A/N - TRIGGER WARNING: DEATH, NIGHTMARES, BLOOD, SELF HARMING, DROWNING

"Of pain you could wish only one thing: that it should stop." - unknown

CHAPTER 10

THIRD PERSON POV

recap:

Her lips thin into a compressed line, her eyes darkening slowly as she looks from her hand to the place he disappeared to.

Before anyone could stop her she takes off after him, her hair slapping Kota in the face as she spins to do so. Shouted threats following after her.

"They are going to be a lot to handle," Sean mumbles, running a hand down his face as he fights back his tiredness.

"No fucking shit sherlock, I think we just fucking adopted two more fucking Luke's. But fucking genius Luke's," Gabriel groans, slamming his head onto the table. He was still upset that Sparrow had demanded that she sleep in Spencer's room, though he had been able to convince her to sleep in her room for at least one night. Honestly, he didn't see what could go wrong with that.

currently:

The house sat quietly, all twelve people within it spread out in their respective rooms, most soundly sleeping as the previous events of the days before had left them all exhausted.

Those not sleeping included Owen, Sean, and Sang, who were all in Owen's room having a rather intimate moment. Without clothes. Thankfully most of the rooms had soundproofing walls on them, it wasn't thick enough to protect against screams, but it did block out moans and grunts.

There were four rooms within the mansion that didn't have the soundproof walls, two of those rooms being the separate bedrooms that Spencer and Sparrow slept tensely in.

Of course, those walls were slightly soundproofed, but nowhere near as silent as the rooms that the others slept in. You could hear louder noises, or indistinctive talking, through the wall. Though not always, and not whispers or whimpers.

What initially woke North, who slept in the room directly next to the wall that Spencer's bed sat against, was a violent pound against the wall.

Though he initially dismissed it as the three down the hall, seeing as Sang's screams of Owen and Sean's name could definitely be heard, he sprang out of his bed the second time the violent pound happened, the pained and desperate begging tone of something unintelligible spurring him on.

Spencer and Sparrow both were not prone to night terrors, in fact, the only time that they actually had night terrors was when they were separated, which they hadn't been in two years. Of course, initially, after that one case went sour, they had nightmares so bad that both of the twins had been temporarily institutionalized.