Chapter 7

The next morning, I felt like I hadn't slept at all since I accidentally fell asleep at my desk doing my homework. I managed to finish my homework, I don't remember finishing it, but I did, and then apparently, I passed out soon after. Who knows, maybe I was doing my homework in my sleep. But I woke up with paper lines on my face, which is fantastic, and a drool spot on my textbook. Whoops.

It took a hot shower to get the lines off my face and to wake me up slightly. Then, after throwing on clothes quickly I went to make myself a strong cup of coffee. Meaning I had black coffee and dumped three espresso shots into it. I don't personally like black coffee, but sugar is not the way to wake yourself up so I wasn't about to put any cream or sugar into my mug. Some people will disagree with me and say sugar does wake you up, no, not really, it gives you a sugar high and then you quickly crash. Okay, caffeine isn't much better but I'd rather have caffeine than sugar.

"Morning," I turn at the sound of Kadyn's voice. Noah the toad boy is sitting in the palm of his hand as he enters the kitchen.

"Are you going to just take him everywhere?" I ask as I nod toward the toad.

Kadyn looks at the toad and then looks at me. "Of course, I can't have him escaping or something kidnapping him,"

"Toadnapping," I correct.

"What?" He asks with an adorably confused expression.

"Toadnapping," I repeat. "It's called toadnapping. He's a toad so they would be toadnapping,"

Kadyn does not look impressed at all. In fact, I think it ticked him off a little. He even huffed and stomped to the fridge. He opens the freezer and pulls out the Eggos waffles. I watch as he sets Noah on the counter next to the toaster. I grimace but try to ignore it. I move over to him and grab my own two Eggos and pop them in the other side of the toaster. Good thing we have a double toaster so we can both toast two at a time.

"We are outside whenever you are ready" I jump at the words floating inside my head.

"Shit," I say as I stumble in fright a bit.

Kadyn raises an eyebrow at me. "Have you finally lost it?"

I glare at him. "I'm not used to this mate link yet,"

"Isn't it just like our family and pack link?" He questions. "They speak inside our head all the time,"

I shake my head. "No, this is different. Besides, our family and pack don't use the link that often. But my mates seem to think it hilarious to scare the shit out of me every time with it,"

"So," He says as he leans his hip against the counter. "You're mated now? On the first night of meeting them? Wow, Alaska, I never knew you would work so fast,"

I shake my head as the toaster pops. "We're not mated, not exactly. We only marked each other,"

"That's still pretty fast," He says as he takes his Eggos out of the toaster. You only met each other yesterday,"

"It was an accident," I say as I rub the back of my neck.

"How do you accidentally bite someone and send your marking essence into them?"

I huff as the toaster for my Eggos pops. "I said some things that made them super possessive," I try to play it off as nothing as I take my Eggos out of the toaster.

Kadyn spreads peanut butter all over his while I spread butter and jam on mine.

"I'll be out in maybe three minutes," I say through my mate link.

"Three minutes?" I can hear Theo's whine through our link.

"Take your time, Alaska," Alijah says right after. I'm sure he's scolding his brother right about now.