Chapter 7 home again- Janet

Janet's POV

We finally got home after a long car ride balk form the store and I unbuckled Riley from her light blue car seat. She got out of the car and helped me unload the groceries from the car. I unlocked the front door and we brought the grocery bags in the house from the car. Roger had already left the house for "work" I highly doubt he is actually at work he most likely just didn't want to see  me.

"Mommy where's daddy" Riley asks me taking a seat at the table she asked me that with a curious look on her face. I couldn't tell her she's so young and innocent so of course I had to lie to her. 

"He's at work Riley" I told her not really making something up because he had really used that excuse.

"Otay" she said immediately dropping the subject as her mental capacity had been filed. She forgot in an instant I was thankful. I turned on frozen and she was immediately distracted by the movie. I was able to put away the groceries.

A few moments later 

"Alright it's time to get ready to leave" I said turning off the movie. She looked upset after I turned of the tv.

"But I want to finish it" she wined I forgot how much she loves this move.

"No this isn't an m night shyanmalan movie. There isn't any alternative endings or twists. You've seen this movie 100 times." 

"No please put it back on" she wined god I hate this movie.

" spoiler alert everybody lives and moral of the story is men ain't shit" I complained and explained to her.

Sigh she finally agreed to get read to go and ran off towards her room.

A few moments later 

Me and Riley collected our things and walked outside towards the car. I buckled her in and thought this is going to be a long day.