twenty-seven: he didn't feel anything compared to what I just felt.

(I DOUBT THAT YOU WONT KNOW THE SONG BUT IF YOU DON'T, HERE IT'S LINKED) 

"Are you sure you want to go to this party?" Zach says, sitting at his desk.

Him and I have gotten super close over this past month. I mean, we as a group have spent probably every single day together since the party at Jack's. Now that I think of it, I haven't gone a day without seeing 1 of them. Either I'm sleeping over at Emerson's or helping Corbyn clean his room, or even going shopping with Jonah for Wes, I might as well be glued to them. I also haven't heard so much pop music in my life, but luckily, I've gotten them all to listen to dinosaur jr. so it's not half as bad.

"Yeah dude. It's halloween. I finally get to see what the hype is about. Plus I already put it in the journal so I have to." I say, sitting up from his bed.

"Ah, the legendary journal. At some point, I'm gonna stick a why don't we sticker on there. Might make it look less messy," Zach gets up and sits next to me. "Is Nate coming?" he looks at me. I lay back down, staring at his ceiling, the sunlight shining brightly on it.

"First off, my journal isn't messy, the stickers make it cute. You also aren't allowed to touch it, much less put stickers on it. Second, Still haven't talked to him. He's declined all my calls. Won't answer my voicemail. Nothing. Literally didn't even see him for our 3 months." I sigh, my eyes still stuck on the ceiling.

He lays down next to me, both our eyes now facing the wall, "I'm sorry Ira."

"You know how I feel about that."

"Yeah I know. Pity, blah blah blah." He says, gesturing at the ceiling about my long talks.

"So, you bringing a special girl?" I say, turning my head to look at him.

"Nah. unless you're trying to go with me." He jokes.

"Please Herron. I might have not talked to my boyfriend but I still have one."

"Yeah, yeah." he scoffs, turning his head to make eye contact with me.

The second his eyes greet mine, my mouth goes dry. He has this weird overlying effect on me, not even Nate has. These little moments we have, they cling to my brain. His hand will linger on the small of my back for too long. He'll grab my hand and be so close to interlacing our fingers, it burns, but then he'll just drop it. I feel so unbelievably guilty for feeling the way I do with him but it's hard not to.

 I continue staring into his eyes, trying to figure out what he's thinking about. He drops his eyes to my lips, then back up at my eyes, my stomach twists and turns. I try to figure out every single emotion with him, but one single thought always pops out. 

I want to kiss him. Just for a minute, I'd even be okay with a second.

Kira, you have a boyfriend.

He doesn't look at you like that. He also doesn't LOOK like that.

He slightly coughs, breaking our deep eye contact. The friendship feeling regains my body control, "You ready to join the skeleton clan?"

"Never refer to us as the skeleton clan again." I grimace, putting our moment behind us.

He didn't feel anything compared to what I just felt. Like every single one of our other moments, he just brushes it off like it's nothing.