fifty-nine: unless you want me to rock your shit again.

"Stop overreacting." I scoff as Zach walks out the door. I look around at everyone trying to figure out if he's being serious or not. All of us stand frozen, waiting for someone to say anything.

But, Zach is the first to break the silence. He yells from outside, "Are you coming Ira?" I sprint out to see him nod to his car, "Get in."

"Z, it's not that serious." I say, standing in front of the car. "You don't need to defend me, I'm fine. I already broke up with him."

He cannot be serious right now.

"I never asked if you were fine or not. Get in the car, Kira Jade. I'm not negating." He nods again, getting in the driver's seat.

"Zach-" I stand my ground, trying to convince him to hopefully just stay here.

"It wasn't a question." He replies, leaning over the console to open my door. I groan, getting in and shutting the door behind me.

"Do you even know where it is?" I ask, looking at him while he reverses out of their driveway. He stays silent, driving out onto the road. "HELLOOO??" I wave at him, trying to get his attention.

"Beautiful, yes, I know where he lives. I've had to take you and pick you up from his house multiple times. I didn't just forget." He says softly.

"Why do you feel the need to do this? We can just go to the house and talk instead of you decking him in the face." I ask.

He states calmly, "Not only is it something I've wanted to do since he's opened his mouth around me but also what shitty ass person decided to cheat on their girlfriend with their best friend?"

"For seven months too." I mumble, clicking the toes of my shoes together.

He pulls up to a red light and looks at me, "What did you just say?"

"Nothing." I say, looking out onto the road.

"Ira, just tell me."

My head drops, "7 and a half months. That's how long they've been seeing each other. I don't even know if seeing is the right word, but they've been having sex for 7 and a half months."

"Haven't you both only been dating 8? That means that..." He says, starting to drive again.

"Yeah." I say, disheartened. My eyes start to burn, and my vision goes blurry from tears. I dab underneath them lightly trying my best to avoid crying in front of him. 

"So, you didn't want me to punch your dickwad ex boyfriend in the face after he cheated ON YOU for almost your entire relationship?" He says, grabbing my hand. I smile gently as I place as interlace our fingers. It's honestly just muscle memory at this point, for our hands to be one.

"Yeah, it hurts. But you can't help who you love, even if it is my best friend." I reply, tracing his fingers. 

"But you can help who you love when it comes to me, huh?" He says, rubbing his thumb against my palm. "I know Nate is the reason you stopped talking to me. Em called me a few nights ago and said that I should know."

"It wasn't her place to say anything. It's none of her business anyway." I breathe out.

"You were just going to let me find out or just never know?" His voice picks up as pulling into a parking space.

I close my eyes in frustration, "Do we really-"

"We're here." He lets go of my hand, walking into the building.