forty-six: heck I'd even look for a carrier pigeon.

"Awh, what do you mean we can't do galentines?" I say, dropping my arms in my lap.

"I'm sorry Kir. I got to work all day. Unfortunately, Valentine's is not a major enough holiday to get off." Isabella shrugs, getting up. Her backpack looks fuller than usual, but I'm guessing she's just taking her weights. "Maybe, we can do something tomorrow."

"What are you going to tell Em? She's going to be furious, both of us can't make it for just one time. You know how she feels about the whole "the whole group has to be there." "

"I don't know. I think I'm going to put it off for as long as possible." She says, twisting the cap off her water bottle, "Nate is picking you up at 7?"

"Yup. When will you be back?" I say, looking down at my phone for a text from Nate.

He still hasn't texted me back.

"Probably 6ish or something? I don't know."

"Okay, I love you." I say as she walks out the door.

"Bye Kir," She waves.

Huh, weird, She always says it back.

I call up Em, "Hey."

"Hey, what's good?"

"Nothing, I just have to kill like 7 hours before Nate picks me up."

"Wow, to not be single on valentines." She laughs.

"Literally, it's the first year in my entire life. Shut up."

She sighs, "Do you wanna come over? Zach, Jack, and Corbyn are all freeloading in my house and I'm pretty sure one of them ordered a pizza."

"When did they come over?"

"Like 10. The only reason I let them in was because they brought me chocolate."

I laugh, "I would come over but I'd have to come home soon to get ready."

"Well, just get ready here and have Nate pick you up. The boys can help get you ready." She says, eating something. From context clues, I'm guessing its the chocolate. 

"Oh yeah because Corbyn does a killer smoky eye." I roll my eyes.

In the back, I hear him yell, "Hell yeah, I do!"

"Just come." Emerson pleads.

"Fine, I'll be there in a few. But if my makeup looks bad, I'm going to murder you."

*

"Hey beautiful." Zack smirks as he opens the door, "You could have just asked me to be your valentine."

"Shut up." I smile back. "You going to let me in?"

"Kiss first." He says, tapping his cheek.

"IS KJ HERE?" I hear a voice yell behind him.

"JACK JACK!" I push in Zach's chest, quickly pecking him on the cheek. He holds his cheek, smiling at me.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" I smirk, looking back at him.

"Kira Jade, I will kiss you right now."

"Boyfriend, you forgot?" I tease.

"I wish I did." He says, tugging the bottom of my hair.

"KJ, are you coming in or making out with Zach?" I hear Jack yell from the living room.