Chapter 4: The Prophecy

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

The Pevensie's and Y/n all walked around the forest, Lucy leading the way to where Mr. Tumnus lives. They all stopped at a lamppost before continuing their journey. They all walk down a hill.

Peter instead, runs down it. He grabs Y/n's hand and pulls her with him, both falling into the snow. The two, Susan, and Lucy all giggle and chuckle. Y/n playfully punches her brother like figure in the shoulder, still giggling.

"...lots and lots of lovely food, and we'll have lots and lots of..." Lucy stops when she sees Mr. Tumnus' front door broken down. The four oldest stop as well, staring at Lucy in confusion and concern.

"Lu?" Peter asks. His answer, was Lucy then running towards the door. "Lucy!" They all run after her.

Once they're all inside, they glance around. Everything was broken. No Mr. Tumnus in sight.

"Who would do something like this?" Lucy questions quietly.

Peter walks towards a piece of paper that hung on the wall. He picks it up and starts reading. Susan and Y/n go to his side. ""The faun Tumnus is hereby charged with High Treason against Her Imperial Majesty, Jadis, Queen of Narnia, for comforting her enemies and fraternizing with humans. Signed Maugrim, Captain of the Secret Police. Long Live the Queen.""

Susan takes the paper from her brothers hands. "Alright. Now we really should go back."

"But what about Mr. Tumnus?" Lucy asks from beside Y/n.

"If he was arrested just for being with a human, I don't think there's much we can do." Susan shakes her head.

"You don't understand, do you?" Lucy questions. Everyone stares at her curiously. "I'm the human. She must have found out he helped me."

At her words, Edmund looks away, still standing afar from his siblings and Y/n.  

"Maybe we could call the police." Peter suggests.

"These are the police." Susan and Y/n remind.

"Don't worry, Lu." Peter then turns to his youngest sister. "We'll think of something."

"Why?" Edmund speaks up. They stare at him. He meets Y/n's eyes, which show hurt in them, making Edmund frown. "I mean, he's a criminal."

Just then, a bird chirps towards them.

Y/n looks at Peter and Susan curiously. "Did that bird just "psst" us?"

Peter starts to walk out, the girls following him and Edmund being last. Once they're out, the bird flies away just as a branch breaking is heard in the distance. Many footsteps is heard all around them, making them gasp.

Susan grabs ahold of Y/n's hand as Y/n grabs Peter's arm. They all stay huddled up together while Edmund stands a couple feet away from his siblings and Y/n. Just then, a beaver pops out from behind some snow.

"It... it's a beaver." Lucy stammers.

The beaver slowly walks towards them, them doing the same, taking little steps. Peter steps forward, holding out his hand, rubbing his fingers together.

"Here, boy." He starts making noises. "Here, boy."

The beaver now stood up, glancing at Peter's open hand before looking back at the boy. "Well, I ain't gonna smell it, if that's what you want."

All their eyes widen while Lucy giggles. Peter slowly brings his hand back, standing beside Y/n. "Sorry."

"Lucy Pevensie?" He then points at the said girl.