Chapter 8: Aslan's Camp

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

"And I don't think you'll be needing those coats anymore." Mrs. Beaver informs.

The six walk through a snowy forest, glancing around at the scenery. Their gazes stop on a tree, where pink beautiful flowers started appearing, making them smile.

Winter was almost over.

~

They took a stop, taking off their coats before walking again, leaving their fluffy coats behind as the snow was melting.

~

The six soon made it to a camp. Aslan's camp. Lucy walks behind the group, her gaze stopping on some flowers that turned itself into a person.

She gasps in excitement, grabbing Y/n's arm. "Y/n!" She exclaims in almost a whisper.

"What is it, Lu?" Y/n asks curiously.

Lucy points to the flowers, seeing them wave at the two girls. Smiling, they wave back before catching up with Peter and Susan. They walk through the camp, passing many centaurs, jaguars, many magical creatures, who all stare at them.

"Why are they all staring at us?" Susan asks, smiling softly at the creatures.

"Maybe they think you look funny." Lucy says to her, causing herself and Y/n to giggle while Peter smiles.

Susan rolls her eyes, shaking her head at her sisters comment. 

Mrs. Beaver plays with her fur, causing Beaver to stop her. "Oi, stop fussing. You look lovely."

The six make it to the front of the camp, standing right in front of a big tent. As they all stare at a centaur that stood to the side, Peter unsheathes his sword before raising up.

"We have come to see Aslan." He says.

The centaur moves his gaze to the tent, them following it before everyone behind them starts to bow. They all glance at them, furrowing their brows, just as a lion slowly walks out of the tent. Following everyone's lead, they bow to him.

"Welcome, Peter, Son of Adam. Welcome, Susan and Lucy, Daughters of Eve." Aslan then turns to Y/n, smiling softly at her. "Welcome, little one." That snaps her gaze to him, staring at him with wide eyes. He turns to the beavers. "And welcome to you, Beavers. You have my thanks. But where is the fifth?"

They all stand up, Y/n keeping her eyes on the lion as Peter responds. "That's why we're here, sir. We need your help."

"We had a little trouble along the way." Susan says.

"Our brother's been captured by the White Witch." Peter says.

"Captured?" Aslan questions. "How could this happen?"

When they don't answer, Beaver does it for them. "He betrayed them, Your Majesty."

"Then he has betrayed us all!" The centaur exclaimed.

"Peace, Oreius." The lion says calmly. "I'm sure there's an explanation."

"It's my fault, really." Peter admits. "I was too hard on him."

Putting her hand on Peter's shoulder, Y/n turns to Aslan. "We all were."

"Sir, he's our brother." Lucy's small voice speaks.

"I know, dear one. But that only makes the betrayal all the worse." Aslan says in a calm tone and they all look at him. "This may be harder than you think."

~

The four humans all changed into other outfits. Susan, Y/n, and Lucy all wore dresses. Y/n sat a little away from camp, staring at her sword. She didn't hear the footsteps of a certain lion coming towards her, until he spoke.