Chapter 10: Aslan's Death

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Lucy moved around in her bed in her shared tent with Y/n and Susan. Lucy had trouble sleeping currently. A big shadow slowly walked by their tent, making her sit up, seeing the shadow of a lion. Gasping quietly, she turned to Susan and Y/n.

"Susan! Y/n!" She whisper yelled.

Both girls opened their eyes, staring at the girl curiously. Lucy got up, grabbing her dagger while walking to the tent flap. Susan and Y/n followed, grabbing their cloaks, bow and arrows and sword.

Walking out of their tent, Y/n held her sword around her waist, holding onto the handle in case of anything. They looked to see Aslan walking into a forest, away from camp. They shared a look before following.

The three girls followed the lion for a few minutes, until he came to a stop in the middle of the forest. Along the way, they hid behind trees so they wouldn't be spotted. But he knew they were there.

"Shouldn't you three be in bed?" He spoke, not looking over at them.

Lucy glanced to Susan and Y/n before the three of them walked out from behind a tree and towards him.

"We couldn't sleep, father." Y/n informs gently.

"Please, Aslan." Susan speaks. "Couldn't we come with you?"

"I would be glad of the company for a while." Aslan says as they come to his side. Y/n and Lucy stood on one, Susan on the other. "Thank you."

The three gently grabbed ahold of his fur, Lucy and Y/n petting him softly, Susan doing the same as they walked. Y/n had an arm wrapped around Lucy's shoulders, her other hand in Aslan's fur.

~

They walked for a little while before Aslan came to a stop, speaking up.

"It is time. From here, I must go on alone."

"But Aslan-" Susan spoke.

"You have to trust me." He stopped her. "For this must be done. Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy. Thank you, little one. And farewell." Then he walked away.

They watched his retreating figure before Susan rested her hands on the other twos shoulders, then jogging away. Y/n and Lucy soon followed.

Susan led the two girls through the forest, creeping around till they crouched behind some small bushes, seeing many creatures in front of them, torches in hand. They watched as Aslan walked up the stair, in the middle of the creatures. At the top of the steps, stood the White Witch, a knife in her grip.

"Behold. The great lion." She spoke.

The three girls watched with almost wide eyes, frowns on their faces. A tall minotaur slowly walked towards the lion, going to poke something sharp to him, but was growled at. Glancing to the Witch, she motioned to Aslan, and the lion was knocked to the ground roughly, the creatures cheering, making Lucy gasp.

"Do you want some milk?" Ginarrbrik taunted.

"Why doesn't he fight back?" Lucy spoke, glancing to the two older girls.

"Bind him!" The Witch commanded.

The creatures obeyed, all surrounding Aslan as they tightly wrapped rope around him.

"Wait!" Jadis spoke again. "Let him first be shaved."

Ginarrbrik walked forward, holding out a knife before cutting some of the lions hair off, making everyone cheer and join in. Both Y/n and Aslan felt tears come to their eyes. Tears in hers upon seeing her father like this. And tears in his because he wished he had more time with his daughter after many years.