Chapter 6: Father Christmas

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

Y/n, the three Pevensie's, and the two beavers now all walked along a cliff, looking out into the distance as Beaver spoke.

"Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river."

"River?" Peter questions.

"Oh, the river's been frozen solid for a hundred years." Mrs. Beaver assures the four.

"It's so far." Peter points out.

"It's the world, dear." She reminds. "Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller." Susan states, eyeing her brother before walking away.

~

The six all walked across the frozen river, the four humans straying behind the two beavers, which made Beaver call out to them many times during their travel.

"Come on, humans! While we're still young." And again.

Peter shakes his head, glancing at Susan and Y/n. "If he tells us to hurry one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat." He gets Lucy onto his back as Y/n and Susan smile at his joke.

"Hurry up! Come on!" Again.

"He is getting a little bossy." Lucy states.

"No! Behind you!" Mrs. Beaver shouts. "It's her!" They turn around, seeing a sled was coming towards them.

The Witch, Y/n thought in fear.

"Run! Run!"

Peter drops Lucy from his back, grabbing his hand. "Run!"

They all continue running, making it across the frozen lake as the sleigh gets closer and closer. They soon make it to a small cave under some concrete.

"Inside! Dive! Dive!"

They all then hide underneath, hearing the sleigh come to a stop above them. Footsteps are heard before some snow falls in front of them and a shadow is seen. After a couple seconds, the shadow goes away, along with the footsteps.

"Maybe he's gone." Lucy whispers.

"I suppose I'll go look." Peter starts to stand up.

"No!" Beaver whispers, stopping him. "You're nothing worth to Narnia dead."

"Well, neither are you, Beaver." Mrs. Beaver states.

Beaver grabs her hand. "Thanks, sweetheart." He then walks out.

As they all glance around in fear, the four humans all hold each other close together, gripping each others hands. All of a sudden, Beaver's head pops out, scaring them as Lucy lets out a little scream.

"Come out! Come out!" He smiles, exclaiming. "I hope you've all been good cause there's someone here to see you!"

The four walk out from underneath the concrete, Mrs. Beaver following. Their gazes stop on a familiar man with a familiar white beard.

Father Christmas, Y/n thinks.

"Merry Christmas, sir." Lucy smiles brightly, walking forward.

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived." He nods, smiling.

Susan looks at her brother. "Look, I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this-"

"We thought you were the Witch." Peter tells him, cutting his sister off.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that, but in my defense, I have been driving one of these longer than the Witch."

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia." Y/n speaks up.

"No. For a long time. But the hope that you have brought, Your Majesties, is finally starting to weaken the Witch's power." Father Christmas informed. "Still, I dare say you could do with these." He brings out a big bag full of presents.

"Presents!" Lucy exclaims in excitement and happiness.

Father Christmas brings something out from the bag and gets eye level with Lucy. "The juice of the fire-flower. One drop will cure any injury. And I hope you never have to use it..." He gives her a dagger.

"Thank you, sir," she says, "but I think I could be brave enough."

"I'm sure you could. But battles are ugly affairs." Lucy walks back as he brings out some a bow and many arrows, turning to Susan. "Susan." The said girl walks forward. Trust in this bow and it will not easily miss."

"What happened to "battles are ugly affairs"?" She asks, recalling his previous words.

He chuckles. "Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard," he then gives her a horn, "blow on this and wherever you are, help will come."

"Thanks."

"Peter." He then says, looking at the blonde. "The time to use these may be near at hand." He gives him a sword and shield.

Peter unsheathes his sword, staring at the shiny metal. "Thank you, sir."

Father Christmas turns to the only non-Pevensie here. "Y/n." She slowly walks forward. He slowly brings out a sword, similar to Peter's, just slightly smaller. "This will come in handy. And when you figure out who you truly are and what you can do, it will make you stronger." He hands in to her.

Y/n examines the sword. Slowly, she unsheathes it, revealing a very shiny metal. She glances at the handle, seeing a print of a lion roaring on it. As she looks at it, something plays through her mind.

~

A little baby laid in a small wooden crib, staring in awe at the little toy Narnian creatures above her. Feet away from her, stood a lion, staring at his daughter with a small smile.

This was going to be one of his last moments with his precious child. He wanted to keep her safe, safe from the bad things that were happening in Narnia. So he was taking her away. Taking her somewhere safe.

He was devastated. But he knew... that he would see her again.

Slowly walking towards the crib, he looks down at his daughter. Seeing the familiar head of her father, she looks up, squealing in happiness upon seeing the lion. He chuckles softly at her reaction, slowly bringing a paw up and moved a piece of her short hair away from her eyes.

"I love you, little one."

~

Y/n gasps softly, making the Pevensie's look at her in concern as Father Christmas has a knowing smile. The two beavers glance at each other, excitement lacing in their veins. 

That voice. That familiar voice, Y/n thinks. A memory?

She knew that voice, but wasn't sure how.

"I love you, little one."

"What do you mean when she figures out who she truly is?" Susan speaks up, glancing at the white bearded man and her friend.

"And what she can do?" Peter adds, just as concerned.

Father Christmas glances at them, the knowing smile still on his face. "You'll all figure it out soon enough."

"Thank you, sir." Y/n speaks up, not taking her eyes off the lion print.

He nods at her before speaking to all of them. "These are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now, I must be off. Winter is almost over, and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long live Aslan!" He gets into the sleigh. "And Merry Christmas!" Then he was off.

"Merry Christmas!"

"Merry Christmas!"

They all shouted many polite things to the man as he went off.

Lucy then turns to Susan. "Told you he was real."

"He said winter was almost over." Peter speaks before turning to Y/n and his sisters. "You know what that means. No more ice."