Chapter 7: Surrounded

~3rd Person P.O.V.~

They all ran to the end of the cliff, seeing that the ice across the river was starting to break, then melt.

"We need to cross, now!" Peter exclaims in fear.

Lucy turns to the beavers. "Don't beavers make dams?"

"I'm not that fast, dear." Beaver states.

"Come on!" Peter starts pulling Y/n and Lucy down, but Susan stops them, grabbing onto Y/n's arm.

"Wait! Will you think about this for a minute?" 

"We don't have a minute." Peter tells his sister.

"I'm just trying to be realistic." She mumbles, gripping Y/n's hand.

"No, you're trying to be smart. As usual." Peter then runs down, pulling Lucy along with him.

Y/n sighs, glancing at Susan before pulling her along, following the blonde when they hear the wolves howling not too far behind.

The six all stop beside the river, hearing and seeing the ice starting to break. They all looked at it with wide eyes while Y/n put her foot on some ice, only for it to break slightly and Peter and Susan to pull her back.

"Wait. Maybe I should go first." Beaver suggests.

"Maybe you should." Peter nods.

Beaver starts walking carefully on the ice, moving his petit body around.

"You've been sneaking second helpings, haven't you?" Mrs. Beaver calls.

Beaver laughs. "Well, you never know which meal's gonna be your last. Especially with your cooking."

Mrs. Beaver starts following after him, the four kids following her. As they walk on, the ice starts breaking even more, but they didn't fall in.

"If mum knew what we were doing..." Susan speaks up, then trailing off.

Peter looks over his shoulder at his sister, narrowing his eyes. "Mum's not here."

Hearing ice break and fall from above them, they look up, seeing the Witch's wolves running along. They were caught.

"Oh, no!"

"Run!"

When they're almost to the other side, two wolves block their path, making them stop in their tracks on the ice. The six all start slowly walking backwards, as more wolves block their other path.

They were surrounded.

Beaver slightly runs forward, growling a little at the wolves only for one to grab him back his neck, pinning him to the ground.

"No!"

"Peter!"

The blonde unsheathes his sword, pointing it at Maugrim, who was slowly walking forward. Peter stand in front of the four girls protectively.

"Put that down, boy." Maugrim sneers. "Someone could get hurt."

"Don't worry about me!" Beaver shouts to Peter. "Run him through!"

"Leave now while you can, and your brother leaves with you." Maugrim says.

"Stop, Peter! Maybe we should listen to him!" Susan cries.

Maugrim chuckles. "Smart girl."

"Don't listen to him!" Beaver shouts. "Kill him! Kill him now!"

Maugrim shakes his head. "Oh, come on. This isn't your war. All my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go." He glances between them before his gaze stops on Y/n, making him chuckle. "His daughter. Oh, she'll love this."

"Look, just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword, it doesn't make you a hero!" Peter glances at Susan. "Just drop it!"

"No, Peter! Narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have a chance!" Beaver shouts to the blonde.

"What's it gonna be, Son of Adam? I won't wait forever. And neither will the river." Maugrim snarls.

Y/n and Lucy both look to the ice wall on their left, their eyes widening. 

"Peter!" They both cry.

Peter and the others follow the two girls gazes, seeing the wall was starting to break.

"Hold onto me!" Peter shouts, them obeying before he slams his sword on the ice.

The ice wall breaks, making water rush out, moving the ice pad the four stood on. The girls screamed, holding onto Peter tightly as Mrs. Beaver dove into the water.

After a couple seconds, they emerge from the water, screaming as they hold onto Peter tightly, their clothes soaking wet, still laying on the ice. As their ice block floated them through the waters, Y/n held onto Lucy by her coat, only to feel the girl slip beneath it.

Looking over her shoulder, her gaze stopped on Lucy, who swam in the water, trying to keep her head above it. Eyes widening, Y/n fell into the water, slipping out of her coat, which Peter held a grip on.

"Lucy!" She shouts, swimming towards the girl.

"Y/n!" Lucy coughs, swimming as well.

They meet halfway, wrapping their arms around each other. Lucy clung onto the girl as the older girl tried to swim to shore.

With the others, once they made it to shore, Susan turned to her brother, who was staring at her with wide eyes, full of fear, holding up Lucy and Y/n's coat.

Her eyes widen in fear. "What have you done?"

They stare at each other in fear before Susan starts calling out.

"Lucy! Y/n!" She cries. "Y/n! Lucy!"

With Y/n and Lucy. As they get closer to shore, they start to go under, making Lucy scream out, clinging onto Y/n. The older girl starts to feel something in her body.

Like strong energy was coursing through her veins.

Clenching her jaw, Y/n lets out a small scream before Lucy is launched out in the air, Y/n following after. Lucy stares at the girl, bewildered and awe as she just looks down at her hands, eyes wide.

What did I do? Y/n thinks, as Lucy thinks, What did she do?

Lucy then runs to her, hugging her tightly just when they hear Susan call out to them in fear. Still clinging onto each other, they walk towards them.

"Has anyone seen our coats?" Lucy speaks up.

The four snap their heads, seeing the two girls were safe and alright. Peter and Susan smile in relief as Peter holds out both their coats.

"Don't worry, dears." Beaver speaks. "Your brother and friend's got you well looked after." 

Peter wraps their coats around their shoulders, smiling softly at them.