Without A Hitch

"1, and 2, and 3, and 4; 5 and 6, and 7, and 8," I said as I started my fighting technique for Expert Kung Fu Class.

The instructor instructed us to show our techniques with emotion about something that happened to me. I already thought of the one thing that set me on fire: the night I was shot.

A few more moves, and I'll finish up my performance. My final move sort went out of hand cause' my dummy's head broke.

Panicking a little, I looked (in my tool pocket) for StayStuck Glu. I squeezed the small container to put the glue on the dummy's broken side. I didn't realize I was being watched on short notice.

"Marvelous! I might have to call you "The Ripper" now," a raspy voice quipped. My turned my head enough to see Roger shaking his head and chuckling. "Geez Roger! You scared me a little." Constantly, he'd do that at any random time.

"How's my favorite spy?" he asked. "I'm okay! Just finishing up my performance for class due tonight." "No, no, no! I told your instructor that you'll be busy for a while." What is he talking about? So, I did all that for nothing?! "What a bummer!" I muttered disappointedly.

"You know, I just gotta say how proud I am of how much you improved for the past two years. You're actually one of the best I've seen in the headquarters."

"I feel honored," I acted as I was getting the waterworks to come out. "Keep on acting Kail, I would have to take you to drama. Oh wait! We don't have drama class." He laughed at the joke he made.

He cleared his throat to tell me something real big. He does that everytime.

"I came here to give you this," he showed me a file about a mission. Hard to believe; cause' when I read it, the first task was to meet up with someone at the cafe.

That was it! I started laughing about it; making Roger curious about what was so hilarious.

I told Roger that I was gonna change in my disguise to meet up with whoever the B.S.S. Headquarters sent. I wore a hoodie, sunglasses, and jeans; that aren't so tight. As soon as I came out of the room, Roger stopped me.

"Halt!" Roger ordered. "What's wrong?" I was confused with why he was disappointed. "What are you wearing?" he asked, "Somebody call the fashion police; you killed it."

"Not you too! Harley told me the same thing." "You can fight like a human weapon expert, but you dress like a total lost alien coming from Planet 51. It's irony!" he joked, "Now I need to help you get dressed like a normal person. And I thought I was bad at dressing up," he quipped.

He gave me a tank top, short-shorts, and a new pair of earphones. He even told me to wear my running shoes. "Now go change!" I went back inside to redo my dress up with the outfit he gave me. Coming out, he nodded with glory.

"Now that step 1 is complete; remember this, the person will mention 'American Science School.' That means the A.S.S. headquarters. You must say this 'Boring Science School." "Kind of peachy; don't you think?" "Yes it sucks, but it'll show him that you're supposed to be his partner; and for him to tell you the second task about the mission."

"My partner's a guy? I hope he's not one of those flirty player types," I grumbled in annoyance. "He's not."

"So who's the guy that's supposed to be my partner?" I questioned. "Don't sass me young lady!" he cautioned.

"I was only asking Roger; no need to warn me about my talk." "You better!"

I got out of the headquarters, and began jogging to my destination: The Dylish Cafe.

Going inside, I pretended to wipe my forehead; even though I wasn't sweating. I blinked my eyes 3 times to activate my contacts to search mode. "Find the man who I'm supposed to meet," I mumbled. Looking at the people around me, I noticed a guy familiar to me. I couldn't believe it; it was Liam.