If All Else Fails

A/N: This is only Xavier's POV. You'll see what I mean; enjoy!

Xavier's POV

Drinking my 4th small cup of vodka, without getting intoxicated by alcohol like other bimbos in the bar, feeling so free from all the hard work.

My younger sister has been liberated from that misanthropic Ave leader. Killing Kailey was my only option. Besides, I'm not sorry for what I did; she was going to eliminate all aves, which includes me.

 I felt my cell phone vibrate, so I took a peek to check who was calling me around midnight. It was my sister.

She's supposed to be sleeping, since she had to go to school at dawn.

"Hello?" "Xavier, help me," my sister whimpered; feeling so intimidated. This wasn't looking good at all.

 I knew I should've left the bar soon; but no, I had to be blind not to see that she wasn't ready to be alone at home. I was about to leave the bar; until I heard that devious, deadly voice I wishes I never thought I'd hear again.

"Ah! Xavier, long time no talk," the voice shrieked; filled with pure evil.

"What's the meaning of this?" "Why hello to you too; such a gentleman you are," she said sarcastically, "Actually, I was going to ask you the same thing. You-know-who I'm talking about, right?"

 Her voice was sounding enraged.

"What are you talking about?" "A little birdie told me that our friend isn't gone like you told me."

"Kailey? I killed her," I objected. "That's where you're wrong. Apparently, she's somehow breathing on her two feet. Care to explain as to why she's not six feet under?"

 Alive?! "Impossible!" I yelled.

"Don't worry; I'll make it impossible with a little help from your precious little sister."

"What are you saying?" "Since you supposedly defaulted preventing Kailey to blight, your sister shall finish the job to demise Kailey," she settled.

"You can't be serious." "Were you?" "But, she doesn't know how to kill."

"Let's say I already trained her. And let me tell you that she had a lot of force coming from me."

"When?!" I yelled in shock. "2 years ago; while you was on your mission."

 She began guffawing, saying her motto "I always have a backup plan for everything"

"Please don't do it; I'll finish the job," I offered; hoping she'll change her mind. "You had that opportunity, but you're a failure."

"No I'm not! By the way, she couldn't be alive that easily. Something must've happened that night."

"Hmm...I suppose you're, indeed, correct about that. No absolute way she could've survived. Something saved her life," she guessed.

Or someone; "I strongly believe someone saved her that night. I think a vampire did it."

"This is outrageous; that would mean..." "She's a vampire," I interrupted.

"Then, there's a chance she'll get rid of us. All thanks to the vampire; but not to worry, your sister will kill her and save the day."

"No, not Cecilia. She's only 16. She's not ready for something this ginormous."

"Farewell Xavier; better pray that she'll succeed," she finished before she hanged up.

"Shit," I shouted as I ran out of the bar to scurry straight home. I had to push people aside, jump over vehicles, and go through backyards as a shortcut; to get to my place, where Cecilia's supposed to be.

 I unlocked the door quickly, turned the handle, and opened the door firmly to cause the door to break.

 That didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was finding Cecilia.

 I scattered everywhere, but no Cecilia. The place was so silent that I was able to hear crickets chirping out in the grass.

Where could she be?

 I won't let Cecilia get herself hurt. Even if I have to disobey what the Ave leader ordered.

 I'll make sure Kailey Wales will be dead; permanently.

A/N: Ooh la la! What an epic chapter. So Xavier killed Kailey to save his sister. How indescribable. Maybe some of you readers stand corrected about him. Maybe not. Who knows? We'll see what happens.

 Also, I'm doing a bit of editing soon. First thing is my title, subtitle, and sadly the cover. It's a very excellent cover, but since i'm renaming my story, I have to change the cover as well 😢

~ Lolita B.