Chapter One: The Nomad

After the horrific event that was Sword Art Online, no one dared to play VRMMORPG, thus nearly bringing an end to Virtual Reality. But, after the introduction of "The Seed", players no longer feared the idea of dying both in-game and IRL. Then on April 2025, a new VRMMORPG was created and quickly became one of the top games in the world.

It is called...Gun Gale Online.

The game takes place in a post-apocalyptic Earth in the near future, with only a single, massive spaceship being the capital city inside the game. Gun Gale Online, or GGO for short, is known for using guns, both modern and futuristic, in taking down mutated creatures, autonomous robots, and other Players. The massive spaceship is known as the SBC Glocken, which serves as the starting-point and neutral territory for all Players.

Even though not many Players leave the Glocken, there was one Player who chose to live outside of the Glocken.
It was rumored that this Player was possibly the best player in GGO when it was released. But on August 2025, the sightings of this Player became less and less. Pretty soon, he became nothing more but an urban myth. Despite his disappearance, this Player was able to burn this strength into the memories of those who crossed paths with him.

Soon, everyone came to fear one name: The Nomad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The SBC Glocken - 

Inside one of the many bars within the Glocken, Players of various levels watch a livestream that is taking place. The Player who is giving commentary in the livestream is dressed like a blonde cat-girl. Standing next to the cat-girl are two other Players, a blue-haired man wearing white-and-blue armor with sunglasses and a black-haired man that sports a red mohawk and wears a black cloak.
Respectively, the blue-haired man is called XeXeeD and the black-haired man is called Yamikaze.

XeXeeD arrogantly states,
"...To those who spent their time boosting 'Agility': It sucks to be you right now!"

At his harsh words, the Players inside the bar riot and curse XeXeeD. For some, they were angry at how quickly XeXeeD changed his tune about 'Agility'-builds. For others, they were angry at how they wasted time and effort into boosting 'Agility' for nothing!
Once they settled down, they resume watching the livestream, occasionally scowling at XeXeeD.

The cat-girl asks,
"XeXeeD-san, do you plan on competing in the third Bullet of Bullets?"

XeXeeD runs a hand through his hair and confidently smirks,
"Damn straight! I'm going to prove that I'm GGO's top player - !"

Before he could finish his statement, XeXeeD is interrupted by Yamikaze, who scoffs at the arrogant Player's words. It wasn't just Yamikaze, for every Player in the bar also doubt what they heard just moments ago.
There is a top player in GGO and it isn't XeXeeD.