𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐬

━━━━━

━━━━━

Due to the lack of sleep the middle blocker got, he wasn't able to give his best during training. Although he was always apathetic when it comes to practicing ━ Maeko was pretty impressed he was even awake.

The two had stayed out until 5 in the morning, which led to the pair only getting a mere 3-hour sleep. During the early morning training Suna didn't look any different from his regular expression, whereas Maeko was a different story. The bags under her eyes were thankfully hidden behind her glasses, unlike Suna, Maeko wasn't one to stay up late ━ she had somewhat a consistent sleep schedule, as she grew up in a strict household where she slept at 11 pm at the latest, Maeko only ever stayed up when she has a lot on her mind.

Throughout the entire morning, Maeko was seen with her beloved camera taking a few snaps of the volleyball team that's going to be uploaded to the school's website. She seemed focused, but her thoughts were all over the place, and unknowingly to Maeko her camera kept coming back to a certain middle blocker.

She never had intentions to fall for her best friend but within the past few months Maeko found herself having a dilemma "do I, or do I not like Suna Rintarou?". She knew that falling for him wasn't the brightest idea when it comes to her feelings as she felt like she was most definitely in the friend zone, but how can she not?

"it's like every best friend to lovers trope I've ever read," she thought to herself as she continued walking around the gym taking pictures of the team.

Suna on the other hand was nearly distracted the entire time Maeko paced around the gym. He kept diverting his eyes towards the girl to the point where he nearly missed blocking Atsumu's spike.

"Oi Suna! Stop staring at your little girlfriend and start serving already!" Atsumu yelled from the opposite side of the court attracting the attention of everyone in the court, including Maeko whose cheeks had turned a bright red at his words.

The boy gripped the ball in his hands tighter and glared his eyes at Atsumu before taking a few steps back to serve. He threw the ball into the air before jumping into his serve position, "she is not my girlfriend" he said in a monotone voice as he pushed with all his might, smacking the ball landing a service ace.

He didn't yell his words but Atsumu could hear them clearly, "nice serve" he said as his teasing face grinned at Suna before walking back to get his bottle, as everyone in the court did the same.

Although Maeko cheeks were still quite flushed from Atsumu's earlier words she set her thoughts aside and approached Suna from her place near the benches to show him the pictures she had taken from his quite aggressive serve from earlier. Suna stared at the girl as she explained how the pictures turned out great and how his serve was so unexpected. A small grin appeared on Suna's face as the girl continued expressing her thoughts. That grin was only ever on his face when the girl was around, but apparently, she was too oblivious to notice it.