𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲

━━━━━

━━━━━

The early morning sunlight had beam through Suna's thin curtains. The two bodies on top of the futon were huddled together like a well-pieced puzzle. The silent breaths were the only thing heard throughout the soft-lit room. Not aware of what time it was, Maeko's body clock jolted her eyes open, her head was at the crook of Suna's neck and the faint smell of his cotton detergent reached her nostrils.

The girl was soon aware of the position they were in, her face heated up at the feeling of Suna's arm wrapped around her waist. Maeko attempted to remove the arm that was clung onto her body, but just as she loosened his grip she felt Suna tug her back landing her straight on his chest.

The red hue on her cheek grew deeper as she could hear his faint yet soft heartbeat through her ears. As she finally relaxed onto the male's touch, it felt as if the world stopped still on its axis. There was no time, no wind, no rain. Maeko's mind was at peace. She felt her body press in, soft and warm. Maeko couldn't hide her grin as she wrapped her own arms around Suna's torso and softly closed her eyes back "I really like you Rintarou".

━━━━━

It was 10:02 in the morning, and Emiko was on her way to her brother's room to wake him up and make her food as their mother had rushed out of the house earlier in the morning. Emiko slammed the door open but later was grateful that the door did not hit the wall of her elder brother's room after seeing the most wholesome sight she had ever seen in her entire life.

She saw Maeko and Suna sprawled messily on the futon, the speaker was still playing a lofi music ━ Suna had rested his head on his right arm and the other wrapped around Maeko's waist, his hand caressing her back. Maeko's nose was pressed against his half-exposed collarbone and her arms wrapped around his torso. Emiko wanted to scream so bad, if this wasn't going to convince her elder brother to confess his feelings towards his best friend, she didn't know what will. The young girl was just about to sneak quietly out of the room and order food instead, but Emiko froze in her place as she heard the futon move around.

Suna had opened his eyes as he faced the ceiling of his room and looked down seeing Maeko peacefully asleep, he quietly grinned to himself seeing the girl in his arms but then lifted his head from his arm to see Emiko standing in his doorway.

The male immediately widened his eyes as if he were screaming at his younger sister to get out of the room. Emiko widened her eyes back at her elder brother before putting on a teasing face gesturing towards Maeko who had her body pressed against his. Suna took his right arm that was below his head before and gave his forehead a smack with his mouth opened as he let out a groan. He rubbed his face with his hand before placing his hand on his chin still in shock that his sister saw him like this.

'get out' he mouthed at Emiko with a glare, and let out a breath of relief when his younger sibling finally left his room stifling her giggles.

Suna's fox eyes wandered restlessly around his room, he took a glance at the clock on his wall and glanced down towards Maeko. The male exhaled softly, admiring Maeko's features before he took his arm off her waist and moved his hand towards her head that was on his chest, running his fingers through her hair.