𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞

epilogue

epilogue

[ contains slight manga time skip spoilers! ]

━━━━━

Suna Rintarou had just finished volleyball practice for the day,  "Oh Suna, already packing up are you?" Suna turned around facing his teammate Komori Motoya.

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired from today's practice" he answered before changing out of the jersey he wore.

Staring at the crinkled jersey in his hands, 'EJP Raijin' along with the number seven was imprinted on the front side of the yellow-colored jersey, although he would definitely say that the red-colored uniforms for Japans national team suited him better. He quickly ━ and very roughly ━ folded the piece of clothing into his gym bag before taking the bag out of his locker.

"later Komori," he said before heading out the locker rooms and headed towards the train station.

Unsurprisingly enough, the station was filled with fans and interviewers. He had to sign a couple of posters for the volleyball fans but he was quite happy when one of them asked him a quite simple question.

"Suna-san! Where are you off to? More practice??"

He could only smirk at the question before stating his answer, "I'm going home to my girlfriend". 

He was well aware that people with his kind of popularity status tended to keep their relationships private, especially for their partner's sake. But Maeko never seemed to mind, both of them have publicly posted and mentioned each other proudly every time the other would be brought up.

The twenty-five-year-old male leaned against a pillar as he waited patiently for the train to arrive, he munched on the bento box he had in his hands that Maeko had made early in the morning. His eyes caught a glimpse of the illustrated banner displayed on the pillar in front of him, squinting his eyes in confusion, "haven't I seen that before"  he thought as he approached the pillar.

A grin appeared on his face as he saw the small lettering underneath the beautifully illustrated poster 'Itanawa Maeko', Suna couldn't be any prouder of his girlfriend as he recalled the times when she would feel unmotivated because of her mothers' words.

"You've come a long way Maeko," Suna said under his breath before turning his head at the sound of his train arriving at the station.

The male boarded the train, quite excited to go home this early. He usually had volleyball practice until late at night and he barely had time to talk to Maeko in the evening. As the train started moving, Suna clicked open his phone seeing the clock that read 5:53 pm before unlocking the phone with his thumb. Seeing his lock screen just got him more ecstatic ━ it was a picture of Maeko when they went to a cat cafe. Tapping the discord icon just gave Suna a sense of nostalgia back to their sleep-deprived days in high school,