𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐭𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐝

━━━━━

━━━━━

Maeko felt her thoughts drowning in her growing feelings for Suna, she found it very hilarious that it took her this long to realize that the one for her had always been right beside her. The second person she was close to beside Suna, was the lesser dramatic Miya twin, Osamu. Well, that would be an understatement as there are times when Osamu would initiate a fight with his elder brother.

The moment after their practice was over, Maeko approached the younger twin. Knowing that she should vent to someone, that was not Suna.

"I think I like him samu. Like, I might really really like him. But the friend zone is the last place I want to be in right now" she said, sadness hinted at her tone as she stared at Suna who was across the room with sad eyes. The girl recalled the promise her friend made a few years back, she remembered how he said he'll always choose her, and yet she believed that was in terms of friends; so she couldn't help but have her doubts.

Osamu raised an eyebrow at the girl, turning his eyes to face the back of Suna's head and turning it back again facing her once again. "Maeko I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure out of everyone he could be with, he'd choose you" he said truthfully.

Maeko's mouth fell agape at the words of her friend, hope rising within her. "But he-" Just as she was about to make another excuse, her words were cut off as Osamu widened his eyes, glaring at her.

Maeko diverted her eyes back towards Suna who was collecting discarded balls and placing them in a nearby basket while Atsumu and Gin were talking loud behind him as usual. Maeko grinned a little seeing her friends before turning her head back to Osamu.

"Out of all the millions of people that he can choose and have, it might not be me samu. Compared to him I got nothing" Maeko spoke, her voice unsure and filled with doubt as her thoughts recalled all the times when she wouldn't get chosen.

"Honestly Maeko, the only female that he is even close with at school is you. I don't think he talks the way he speaks with you to just anyone. I find it very ridiculous because you would look at him like he's the stars and he would look at you like you're the entire universe, and you both think the other is just looking at the ground" Osamu answered in a frantic voice as he waved his arms around like a mad man.

Maeko stared at the grey-haired twin, she was at a loss for words. Osamu sounded almost poetic for one, "Since when were you such a poet samu?" The girl said with a teasing smile. His eyebrows frowned at Maeko's choice of words before letting out a breathy laugh.

"In the end, you may never know. But believe me, to him you're probably one out of those millions of people that he'd choose" Osamu continued, before going back to the court and helping Kita mop the floor.