pizza

4EVER - clairo

meredith clicked the car on, and i turned my head. i couldn't look at her. 

"you okay?" meredith called, getting into the driver's seat. i nodded. 

she started driving and babbled on about her day. i laughed when appropriate, maybe threw in a "yeah" here and there, but it just felt so surreal, waiting for my doom.

"so i did want to talk to you about something." my breath caught. the moment had come. i was probably gonna be kicked out, or maybe she would tell the whole hospital. i swallowed.

"what's up mer?"

"you really need to start cleaning your room." i laughed in relief. i guess she didn't know about my sexuality. how would she have found out anyway? meredith looked at me curiously. 

"i'm serious vivian! it's starting to smell in there," she chuckled. i agreed and vowed to clean my room. she pulled into the driveway and switched the car off. 

"we should make pizza," i declared, picking my purse and sketchbook from the backseat. 

"pizza?"

"yeah!" i unlocked the door. "it's pretty easy you know." meredith tossed her bag to the couch and took off her scarf. she called for george and izzie and then turned back to face me.

"sounds good," meredith sighed. i smiled as george stumbled down the stairs. 

"izzie's in the shower. what are we eating?" 

"pizza," mer replied. we fetched the ingredients from her fridge, and meredith sifted through old boxes for a recipe. she was halfway through the third box when we heard a concerning sound coming from izzie's room. 

"izzie?" i called. no response. 

"i'm gonna go check on her," i said, leaving george to look for the flour. i made my way up the stairs and into izzies room where she sat, barely covered. izzie only wore a bra and panties, and her cheeks turned beet red when i came in. 

"sorry! i really should've knocked." i turned around and my shut my eyes. embarrassment coursed through my body like a painful wave.

"no no, it's cool," she insisted. i turned back around and saw that there were three bloody dots on her stomach. 

"oh my god! what happened to you?"

"i fell onto this fork," she said, holding up the bloodied utensil. 

"we should get you cleaned up."

izzie nodded her head, and peered into my eyes. i felt safe. her eyes were beautiful, they looked like they held the secrets of the universe. izzie smiled and looked down. a strand of silky blonde hair fell over her eyes, and she tucked it behind her ear. i smiled.

we went downstairs to clean the wound. luckily, it wasn't very deep and her only danger was a scolding from meredith. i went to the bathroom to put a bandage on izzie's wound. she lifted up her shirt, and i felt like i shouldn't look. 

"hurry up," she hit me playfully. "i'm starving." i giggled and reached for the bandage. i peeled the wrapping off, making sure not to touch the inside. i could feel her gazing at me, but didn't dare to look. my pulse was racing. i did this kind of stuff at work all the time, why was this any different? i pressed the bandage to her cold abdomen. and ran my fingers over the bandage to smooth it out. i tilted my head back up at her, and when her lips twisted into a smile, my heart filled with a familiar feeling. 

"thanks!" and she walked out the door. i sat in the dark and crumpled the wrapper in agony. i knew that stupid feeling. the reason this felt so different from when i bandaged up people at work. i was in love.

//hopefully u enjoyed. please leave comments btw i love reading them! bye bye next chapter monday 29 :) also pls consider reading my annie edison fanfic if u watch community.