blinded

"is there something going on between you?"

we had just gotten back from the bar, and i was helping a very drunk meredith grey to bed. nothing had happened with me and izzie since the thing in the bathroom, but i could still feel the ghost of her lips on mine, the echo of her heels on the tiled floor, her coconut shampoo... ok, i was a mess.

my cheeks burned and i looked down at her flowered bedsheets, hoping that my embarrassment wouldn't show in the dark.

"me and who?" i asked, setting my teeth on my lower lip. but she was already dozing, so it seemed i was off the hook.

i was closing the door, watching the slice of light get thinner on meredith's floor when someone tapped my shoulder and spinned me around.

"hi," she said. izzie's blonde hair was shot through with golden light, glowing like a halo around her already-angelic face. her lips were kissed by the light, pushed slightly to the side in a smile. her eyes were sparkling like the ocean on a sunny day, and next to them was soft skin folded with joy.

i couldn't do more than blink and stare into her sparkling eyes.

"you so like me," she laughed, linking her arm with mine and walking us down the hall. i looked away, my cheeks lifting like hot air balloons with minds of their own (the heat this time wasn't so much burning, it felt like clouds parting to let the sun warm the people below).

"when are you gonna shut up about it?" i joked, because why would i ever want to stop hearing the silk and stir of her voice in my longing ears? or the spring of her laugh, hearty and full? because what wouldn't i do to stay in this moment for as long as i could?

(my face in faux-anger, hers in faux-pain, the boozy smell of mer's room and the coconut smell of her, her, her)

i twisted her hair around my finger and let it fall away. she locked our hands, fingers slotted into the gaps between mine (her).

i let the sun shine her light on me, turning eyes of earth towards eyes of sea, because, of course, she was sun and sea at once.

it was no surprise that i let myself be sucked into the torrents of her storm.

// um hi. sorry for being dead for like 6 months but i'm trying to write more and i decided to start with this story because it's the most popular! you may have noticed that i massively changed my writing style because i felt like it was time to add some artistry into my little wattpad stories. as always, thank you for reading and please add a vote if you enjoyed <3 (happy valentine's day!)