quietly*

at the beginning, everything was so thrilling.

izzie and i had officially declared our relationship - well, to ourselves anyway. and since most of our free time was spent in the hospital, our intimacy consisted mostly of broken kisses in too-quick elevator rides and secrets whispered in the forgiving dark of the on-call room.

when i would pass her in the hall, she would pull me into the corner, saying that she wanted to ask me something about the patient in room 1504, when all she really wanted to say was that she could hardly just see me in the hall looking so beautiful without whispering something dirty in my ear.

when i would see her in the break room later that night, i would decide that it was time to repay the favor. I would bend down next to her chair, tell her that she had absoluterly zero idea how much i ached for her touch, and of course, do my best to describe it to her.

when i would watch her blush, and later, when i unfolded a note she had slipped into my hand when we brushed in the hall, it was no surprise that she had asked me to the supply room.

when i would steal away to the supply room ("to get gauze for the patient in room 1504"), i would look both ways before searching for her glimmering eyes in the shadowy room. i would lock the door and fumble with a 15 gauge needle, and when she asked me what i was doing, i would say that i was waiting for her to come to her senses and shove my back against the door, you know, show me just how much she wanted me.

she would raise her eyebrow and ask me what on earth i was talking about, and did i really think she had so little self control that she would have sex with me in the hospital where people were fighting to survive, and did i even know how much she had been restraining herself ever since she met me, at which point i decided to settle the matter by pulling her by the hand over to where i was, shoving her back against the door, you know, showing her just how much i wanted her.

"quietly," she whispered, and i obeyed. i didn't make a sound when her smooth fingers traveled up and down my waist, when her soft nails grazed my skin just lightly enough to elicit goosebumps and an anticipatory chill, which made izzie laugh softly into my lips, taking pleasure in knowing what made me messy and desperate. i stayed silent when i slipped her scrub top off and found a black lacy bra, almost as if she had been expecting this, and two exciting surprises underneath. i uttered not one word when her hands found the special, soaking place underneath my pants that had been yearning for her touch, thumb tracing circles and fingers twisting and pumping as she carried me closer and closer to a total, euphoric undoing. and only the slightest of noises escaped my pressed lips when izzie curled into a specific spot and the world erupted with colorful bursts of pleasure.

// hi besties!! i hope you enjoyed this special chapter. ik it's very short, but honestly i'm pretty proud of my writing & i'm excited to update soon. also sORRY for not posting for 3 months, but it's summer now so get ready for (hopefully) more frequent updates? also i realzied that izzie's eyes are actually NOT blue, as i mentioned in the previous chapter, but i do not care. in my universe her eyes are blue and don't be surprised if the next chapter includes a very shocking edit of izzie stevens with the brightest, scariest, most-shocking, blue eyes ever. cheers!