joe's bar

tw : alcohol

i stood in the OR, waiting for my brother's surgery to end and thinking about my elevator kiss with izzie stevens. although it was a riveting procedure, i was distracted. i was never one for neurosurgery, my heart laid with cardio. after we closed up, i was going to meet up with izzie and the other interns at a bar across the street.

i tried my best to keep my mind on the procedure, and after what seemed like an eternity, i was washing my hands and disposing of my gloves.

"what did you think of the surgery?", my brother asked. i shrugged.

"you should've let me do more."

"i can't favor you vivian. you know that." i rolled my eyes and pushed the door open, letting derek pass in front of me. we parted ways, and i went to the locker room.

i changed into a burgundy tank top, and a black skirt, and walked to the lobby, purse in hand. george and alex were already bickering in the corner when i arrived.

"hey viv," alex spoke through a smile. "you think izzie has a crush on georgie here?" i raised my eyebrows.

"she was acting so awkward around me all day!" i opened my mouth to speak but then decided it wasn't such a good idea to crush george's hope. luckily, izzie came up behind me and the topic changed. meredith and cristina were already at the bar, so we got our bags and left the hospital.

after ordering our drinks and sitting down at a table, we found cristina and meredith, who had already begun drinking. cristina and alex got in a pool competition, george started complaining about alex, meredith filled up on tequila, and izzie and i couldn't get a second alone. i instructed george to watch my apple cider, and went to the bathroom to fix my lipstick. i pulled the tube out of my purse, and started applying it when izzie walked in. she wore a green top and baggy blue jeans.

"i missed you," izzie said, closing the door softly behind her.

"i missed you too." i closed the lipstick tube and cleaned the edges of my lips with a tissue.

"i wouldn't work too hard on that lipstick, viv." i shot her a questioning look.

"what do you mean?" she walked toward me, each heeled step echoing, and took my face in her hands.

"i'll show you," izzie whispered, her face inches away from mine. she pressed her lips against mine, hands traveling from my cheeks to my hair. after a second, she pulled back, and admired her work, as i stood stunned and in awe. i could hear my heartbeat in my ears as she walked out of the door victoriously. i put my hand to my tender, smiling lips, and tried to steady my breath.

izzie was right - i shouldn't have worked so hard on my lipstick. i gathered my thoughts and left the bathroom hoping no one would see that i was a lovesick wreck. i made my way back to our table, where george and meredith were arguing loudly about something arbitrary. izzie winked at me as i sat down next to her. i downed some apple cider, and turned to fully face her.

"i like you, izzie." her cheeks flushed.

"i like you too." now it was my turn to blush. she offered her hand under the table, and i took it.

// i love writing viv and izzie together! stay tuned for the next chapter cuz there's gonna be a surprise. also im going back to monday posts