The Sports Festival: Round 1

(Oji's POV)

We all headed to the freshman stage, ready and prepared for what was to come.

We waited as Present Mic gave his announcements.

Today, Ectoplasm was going to be the referee. He called for the Player Representative, who just so happened to be, surprise, surprise, Benjamin!

Ben walked to the podium and stood in front of everyone to give his quick speech.

Everyone watched him closely, judging his every move.

"I'm just gonna say, that I wish you all good luck! I want each of you to try your hardest to beat both your rivals and me! Do your best and remember we are UA students. So Go Beyond. PLUS ULTRA!" He then bowed slightly and got down from the podium and back to stand with his class.

Everyone was glad that the speech was positive. Especially after what happened last year with Bakugou.

His speech had made everyone turn against class 1-A. But this speech had a different effect. It made everyone feel at ease. The speech gave them some encouragement.

Buuut, not everyone was encouraged in a positive way. Some were more encouraged to try and take Ben down. They looked like they wanted to eat him alive.

Ectoplasm then alerted us that the first event would be... A Free For All.

"Oh no," I muttered to myself.

"This could be difficult," replied Ben.

This is not gonna be very good. If Ben says it will be difficult then it will be bad.

Ectoplasm then started announcing what the rules were.

"If you get knocked out or if you are knocked out of the ring then you will be disqualified," he announced. "This round will last 15 minutes. Whoever is left in that time will move on to the next round."

"This isn't going to end well. Most of our quirks are long-ranged. And if they aren't then it still may be difficult to fight someone when there are more people coming after you." Ben said.

"What does that mean?!" Gen questioned, panicked.

"It means this isn't a battle of wits or power," Ben paused.

We all looked over at Ben, waiting to hear what he had to say next.

"It's a battle of who can survive the longest." he finished, making everyone feel slightly nervous and panicked.

We all moved to the centre stage and prepared ourselves.

"And... BEGIN!" Ectoplasm yelled, signalling us to start the first round.

Immediately 10 people were launched out of the ring from what I can guess were spikes made of stone.

I did feel kinda bad for the guys that got launched. But I have no time for that now. I have to defend myself.

(Ben's POV)

"I guess my speech had more of an impact than I thought," I thought to myself whilst dodging a flying metal disk and throwing another person out with my tendrils.

"ARE YOU ALL TRYING TO KILL ME!?" I yelled as a wolf came out of nowhere and nearly bit my face off.

"Uhhhhh. Nooooo?" The wolf stated in a nervous way.

"DUDE!" I screamed, aggravated.

I tried blowing him out of the ring but he hung onto me with his claws. I didn't have time to try again because more people came to attack me.

"Where the heck is help when you need it? Oh right. They are still fighting." I thought to myself while electrocuting a guy with bear claws.

This is going to be way harder than I thought.

Omni, Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for helping me write this chapter! Omni helped a lot! I am very grateful!

So! The start of the sports festival is here! Yay! Can't wait to see what happens next!

The next round will either be:

1. Obstacle maze

or

2. Capture the flag

Please vote for which one you guys would want to see!

That's all from me!

Toodles! X3