SEVEN

(The Football Game)

(The Football Game)

•••

WHY ARE WE GOING TO THE FOOTBALL GAME?

Shawn squinted down at the field as he sat at the top of the bleachers. "I can't see shit!" Shawn told Cory as the sun blinded his eyes. "You were the one who wanted to sit all the way up here!" Cory replied in disbelief. Shawn started walking down the bleachers as Cory followed behind him. Shawn reached the bottom of the bleachers and sat next to some random guys. "I don't even like football." Cory complained as he sat down next to Shawn. "I don't care about watching the football game." Shawn replied truthfully. "Then why are we here?" Cory asked him as he gestured to the football players. "We are here.... for that." Shawn tells him dramatically as he points at the cheerleaders. They were all in their uniforms as they went over their cheers. "We are here to support Lucy." Topanga tells Cory.

Shawns heart fluttered at the sound of Lucy's name. He immediately searched through the cheerleaders looking for her. The moment his eyes landed on her he felt himself take a deep breath. He watched as she laughed causing him to smile. He wanted to look away from her but he couldn't. Lucy's eyes landed on Shawn who was already looking at her. She smiled and waved at him and he immediately waved back. Lucy felt even more nervous now that she knew Shawn was watching her. "Let's start off with our first cheer." One of the girls told Lucy. Lucy nodded as the girls stood in a line in front of the bleachers. Lucy's spot was directly in front of Shawn. Shawns eyes widened as Lucy stood in front of him. "Get it ladies!" Shawn yelled playfully. They started doing a cheer and Shawn kept his eyes on Lucy. He was confused why he couldn't seem to look away from her. There were other cheerleaders and yet here he was only focusing on her. "You're staring." Topanga whispered to Shawn.

Shawn snapped out of his daze as he shook his head. "Don't worry.... I won't tell." Topanga reassures him. Once the girls finished their cheer Shawn clapped obnoxiously loud for them. Lucy gave him a soft smile as the cheerleaders walked away. Shawn turned his attention to the ground and noticed a familiar gold bow. "I'll be right back." Shawn tells Cory as he picks up the bow. Shawn walks over to the cheerleaders causing them to all start giggling. "Somebody dropped this." Shawn tells them softly as his eyes landed on Lucy. "Lucy dropped hers...... she's over there." One of the girls tells Shawn as they point to Lucy. She was getting a drink of water away from the group. "Here you go." Shawn tells her softly as he hands her the bow. "Thanks." Lucy mumbles in response as she flinches when his hand brushed against hers. Shawn started walking away but Lucy stopped him. "Will you put it in my hair?" She asked him softly. "Sure but wouldn't one of the girls be more qualified." Shawn tells her as he laughs.

"They're all busy talking about you." Lucy replies in a disappointed tone. "Really?" Shawn replied in a flirtatious voice. Lucy rolled her eyes as she handed him the bow. She took a deep breathe as she felt Shawn placing the bow in her hair. She could feel his presence behind her sending chills through her body. "You look good." Shawn tells her softly as he pulls his hands away from her hair. "Thanks." Lucy replies softly. "You always look good." Shawn mutters as Lucy turns around to face him. Lucy didn't know how to respond so she awkwardly nodded. Before Lucy had time to react Shawn grabbed one of her pom poms and sprinted away from her. "Shawn! I need that!" Lucy yelled at him as she chased after him. Shawn simply laughed as he sprinted up the bleachers. He turned around and noticed Lucy chasing after him. He ran through a row of people as he nearly stepped on them. "Sorry!" He yelled as he ran down the bleachers. Lucy struggled to keep up with him.

"Shawn! Seriously?" Lucy yelled angrily as he sprinted behind the bleachers. Shawn stopped running allowing Lucy to catch up to him. "Why do you always steal my stuff?" Lucy asked him in disbelief. "Cause it's funny." Shawn replies flirtatiously. Lucy reached for his hand that was holding her pom poms but he moved his hand away. "Let's go team!" Shawn yelled in a girly voice as he mimicked Lucy. He waved the pom poms around causing Lucy to laugh and shake her head. She smiled at how cute he looked and how perfect his hair was. "I really need to get back to the game." Lucy tells Shawn in a serious tone. "Fine..... I'll give them back..... for a kiss..." Shawn teases her. Lucy's face got red as she looked up at him. Her eyes locked with his and she couldn't help but think about kissing him. "Like you would ever want to kiss me." Lucy mumbles sarcastically. Shawns eyes flickered to his lips as he felt the urge to kiss her. Lucy took a step backwards causing her to trip on the curb. Shawn quickly caught her but his foot landed on the same curb causing them both to fall onto the grass.

"Shit sorry." Lucy tells him frantically as her body was now on top of his. "It's fine." Shawn replied softly as he laughed. Lucy felt nervous as she realized her body was pressed against Shawns. Her eyes locked with his causing butterflies to swarm in her stomach. Shawn gently pushed a piece of her hair out of her face as he took a deep breathe. He had never wanted to kiss someone so desperately than in that moment. "I really have to get back to the game." Lucy rambles as she pushes her body off of Shawns. "Oh yeah... yeah." Shawn replies softly as he hands her the pom poms back. Lucy awkwardly walks away leaving Shawn alone on the ground. Shawn ran a hand through his hair as he thought about Lucy. He couldn't possibly like her. Could he? He quickly walked back to the bleachers and sat down. "Go Lucy!" A male voice yelled. Shawn turned his attention to Jack causing him to groan. Jack was staring at Lucy as he clapped his hands. Shawns hands grabbed the ends of the bleachers as he took a deep breathe. He felt an overwhelming feeling of angry towards Jack. He wanted to punch his stupid face that was smiling at Lucy. Topanga noticed Shawn glaring at Jack. "Don't do anything stupid." Topanga warns him.

"You look hot Lucy!" Jack yelled as he stared at Lucy cheerleading. Shawn didn't have control over himself anymore as he pushed his body up from the bleachers. "Shawn don't!" Topanaga warned him but he didn't listen to her. Shawn sat down next to Jack as the anger only grew inside him. "Hey Hunter." Jack says in a taunting tone. "Will you shut up?" Shawn asks Jack sharply. "It's a football game... the crowd is supposed to be loud." Jack replies sharply. "Say another thing to Lucy and I'll punch that little smug smile off of your voice." Shawn warns Jack in a low tone. "Woah..... I didn't know you owned her." Jack replies sarcastically. "I don't own her.... I just don't want her to waste her time on you." Shawn tells him angrily. "Awww... is little Shawn scared I'm gonna steal his girl..... oh wait.... she's not your girl and I can get into that little skirt of hers any time I want." Jack tells Shawn sharply. Before anyone had anytime to react the sound of Shawn punching Jack in the face rang through the bleachers.

"Shawn! Stop!" Topanga screamed as Shawn tackled the other boy to the ground. Lucy looked over at Shawn and gasped as she realized he was beating up Jack. "What the hell Shawn?" Lucy yelled as she sprinted over to the two boys. Jack laughed as blood fell out of his mouth. "Weak!" Jack yelled up at the other boy. Shawn punched him again causing Lucy to gasp. She had never seen Shawn be so violent. "Break it up!" Mr. Turner screamed as he dragged Shawn off of Jack. "Talk to her again and I'll kill you!" Shawn screamed at the other boy. Jack laughed as he wiped the blood off his face. "He's fucking crazy!" Jack screamed to Lucy as he pointed at Shawn. Lucy looked at Jack and then Shawn. She immediately walked past Jack and over to Shawn to make sure he was okay. Shawn gave Jack a smile as he flipped him off.

_______________________________
Shawn fighting 🥵