TWENTY FIVE

(Incapable of Love)

(Incapable of Love)

•••

"ITS SO AWKWARD!"

Lucy and Shawn hadn't spoken a word to each other since the previous night. The night it all changed..... the night they kissed. Lucy was sitting directly behind Shawn in their history class. She kept trying to say something to him but would immediately stop herself. She had no idea what to say to him. All she could think about was the fact that he practically ran away after he kissed her. She couldn't talk to anyone about it. If Cory found out that Shawn had kissed her... he would flip. "Lucy and Shawn please present your project to the class!" Mr. Feenys voice echoed through the room. Lucy felt a stabbing feeling in her heart. Shawn wouldn't even look at her as he walked up to the front of the classroom. Everyone could sense the awkward tension between the two of them. Lucy felt even worse now that everyone's attention was on them. Lucy cleared her throat as she started to talk about the poster. She went to point at the poster but Shawn went to do the same thing causing their hands to collide. They both locked eyes as sparks went through their fingers. "George Washington am I right!" Shawn yelled playfully to the class as he quickly looked away from Lucy.

Shawn didn't even glance at Lucy for the rest of the class. He hated how every-time he was around her his heart hurt. He hated that he ruined their friendship by letting his feelings get in the way. He knew he shouldn't have kissed but he also couldn't help but think about how right the kiss felt. He had kissed people before but he had never felt so passionate about anyone besides Lucy. He felt like his lips were made to kiss hers. The moment the bell rang Shawn remained sitting in his seat as he watched Lucy leave the classroom. "You alright Shawn? You look sick." Cory asked him curiously. "There's something I really need to do." Shawn replied softly as he quickly got out of his seat. He didn't even bother grabbing his backpack as he rushed out of the classroom. His eyes scanned the hallway and he watched as Lucy's familiar backpack walked into the girls restroom. Shawn wasn't thinking about his actions as he followed her into the bathroom. Lucy heard the door to the bathroom door practically slam open.

"Shawn? What the hell?" Lucy asked him in disbelief. He didn't respond as he pushed her body against one of the bathroom stalls. Lucy felt her breath leave her mouth as she nervously swallowed her spit. Shawn Hunter was towering over her and his face was inches away from her face. "I can't just pretend that last night didn't happen." Shawn tells her sharply. Lucy couldn't even form words due to him being so close to her. His hands remained pressed on her arms as he held her body against the stall. "Okay." Lucy blurted out unsure of how to respond. A small laugh left Shawns lips as a smirk formed on his face. His eyes flickered to her lips as he started to lean in. "Don't kiss me again." Lucy tells him sharply as she pushes his body away from her. Shawn gave her a confused look. "Why not? It's just a kiss." Shawn asks her sharply. "Exactly! It doesn't mean anything to you. You probably want to date me for two weeks and then let me down slowly and then move on to the next girl who stupidly falls for Shawn Hunter." Lucy tells him as her voice cracks. Shawns chest hurt as he looked at her. She was really hurt.

"What's so wrong with doing that?" Shawn asks her curiously. "It's not fair.... not when i... not when I've spent my entire life loving you." Lucy stutters out as her eyes lock with Shawns. Shawn could see tears forming in her eyes as her words stung his heart. "So just leave me alone... unless you actually want something real...." Lucy tells him sharply. "You know I can't do that." Shawn replies in a sad tone. "Why not?" Lucy asks him angrily. "I just..." Shawn began to say but Lucy interrupted him. "You can't make a commitment! Then why did you come in here?" Lucy asks him in disbelief. "I don't know..." Shawn replied in a disappointed tone. His eyes lingered on the floor so he wouldn't have to see Lucy's upset face. "I'm done... I wish you would have never kissed me... it's not fair for me to be played like this...." Lucy tells him sharply. "I'm sorry." Shawn replied softly as he looked up and met her eyes. "I'm sorry that I have been waiting my entire life for you to want me.... but you never will...." Lucy stuttered as she stared into Shawns eyes. She wanted to run over and hug him but she knew she couldn't. "This... this right here can never happen." Shawn tells her softly as he gestures to them.

"I've known that... for a long time." Lucy replies sharply as she weakly nods her head. She grabs her backpack leaving Shawn Hunter alone in the girls bathroom with his wondering thoughts. He had broken millions of girls hearts but he never felt this bad about it. He hated that he hurt Lucy. He hated that she fell in love with him even though she should have known that he was incapable of love. He knew that he ruined one of the best friendships he ever had all because he had to kiss her. Something inside of him was screaming at him to chase after her and tell her that he loved her but he just couldn't. He didn't even know what it was like to love someone and he wasn't about to hurt Lucy anymore then he already had. A scream caused Shawn to snap out of his mind. "Get out!" A girl screamed at him. "Sorry." Shawn replied sharply as he quickly walked out of the bathroom. The moment Shawn walked into the hallway his eyes landed on Lucy. She looked up at him and gave him a fake smile as she waved at him. Shawn felt like his heart was tearing as he could tell how broken she was and it was all his fault. All because he couldn't tell her how he really felt.

____________________________
Stop this hurts me 💔