SEVENTEEN

(Competitive)

(Competitive)

•••

"SHAWN HUNTER QUIT LAUGHING AND HELP ME!"

It was pretty much known by everyone that Lucy Matthew's sucked at pool. That's why Shawn Hunter would piss her off and make her bet on whether he could beat her at the game knowing full well how awful she was. "I'm pretty sure the ball is supposed to stay on the table." Shawn whispers sarcastically as he laughs at Lucy. Lucy glared at him before quickly picking up the ball off of the ground. "Instead of making fun of me... you could like try and help me not be horrible at this." Lucy muttered in a frustrated tone. "Where's the fun in that?" Shawn asked her as he leaned his body against the pool table. He watched her struggle to hit the ball again. He started coughing to cover up the laugh escaping from his mouth. "Hey! Like you could do any better!" Lucy yelled at him knowing full well how amazing Shawn Hunter was at pool.

"Watch this babe." Shawn whispers flirtatiously as he grabs the stick from her hands. Lucy moved over but Shawn made sure his arm was pressed against Lucy's. Lucy stared at Shawn as he hit the ball with the stick causing it to hit another ball into one of the holes. Lucy hated how attracted she was to him especially when he was playing pool. "That's how it's done." Shawn tells her in a cocky tone as he hands her back the stick. He runs a hand through his hair causing butterflies to swarm inside of Lucy's stomach. Lucy rolled her eyes to pretend like she wasn't impressed with him. Shawn remained directly next to Lucy as he watched her terribly hit the ball causing it to roll not even an inch away from its previous position. "At least you hit something this time." Shawn tells her as he gives her a fake smile. "I will forever suck at this game!" Lucy complained as she set the stick down on the table.

As much joy as it brought Shawn to finally be way better than Lucy at something he knew he needed to help her. He hated seeing her upset. "Pick up the stick." Shawn tells her sharply. She gives him a confused look as she picks it up. Shawn appeared behind Lucy as he placed his hands over her hands on the stick. The moment Shawns hands pressed against Lucy's she felt sparks surge through her skin. She was unable to breathe due to how close Shawn was to her. "You have to be gentle when you hit it.... and you have to aim it correctly." Shawn whispers into Lucy's ear. Lucy gulped as she tried to focus on hitting the ball but her mind was currently freaking out over Shawn Hunter being so close to her. Shawn guided her hands with his hands as he gently hit the ball. "See.... easy." Shawn mutters as his hands remain on her hands. Lucy takes a step back causing her body to collide with Shawn. "Sorry..." She whispered nervously as she quickly got out of his way. "You're all good." Shawn replied in a carefree tone. He looked over at her and she looked very flustered. Shawn wondered why she seemed so nervous. He just assumed it was because she was bad at pool.

"Try and hit that ball." Shawn tells her as he grabs her stick and walks to the other side of the table. Shawn gestures for her to stand in front of him and she nervously does as she holds her breath. She can feel Shawns presence behind her as he places his hands over her hands again. Shawn felt a tug in his heart and a queasy feeling in his stomach the moment he touched Lucy. He tried to shake the feeling away but he couldn't. His stomach felt so weird when he was close to her. "Nice and gentle." Shawn whispers in her ear. Lucy felt chills go through her body every time Shawn would whisper in her ear. She could feel his body press against hers as he hit the ball. She wanted to be close to him but she hated how hot it made her feel. "Nice! It went in the hole!" Shawn congratulates her. Lucy awkwardly nods as she turns around to face Shawn. He was very close to her and she knew her face was bright red in that moment. Shawn towered over her as her back was pressed against the pool table. Shawn couldn't help but admire how beautiful she was. Lucy's eyes scanned the room as she refused to meet Shawns eyes because she knew that if she did she would want to kiss him. She wouldn't allow herself to get lost in his dreamy blue eyes.

Lucy quickly turns away from him as Shawns eyes remain glued on her. "Let me try by myself." Lucy tells him as she accidentally hits him in the stomach with the stick. Lucy puts her hands over her mouth as Shawn groans in pain. "Oh my gosh! I am so sorry..... I didn't mean to hit you." Lucy whispers frantically. Shawn just laughs as he looks up at her. "I'm fine.... you just really suck at pool." Shawn teases her. Shawn watched as Lucys panicked expression turned into a mad expression. He knew she was about to get competitive and make a bet with him. He liked the competitive side of Lucy and how she always made him laugh. "I'll bet you ten bucks I can beat you in pool!" Lucy yells at him. Shawn smirks as he takes a step closer to her. He was now towering over her. "Deal... get ready to lose." Shawn taunted her as he took the stick out of her hands. They set up the game and Shawn was destroying Lucy. Lucy hadn't got a single ball into the hole.

"You are going to lose!" Shawn whispered in her ear as she got ready to hit a ball. She pushed his body out of her face as she tried to focus on hitting the ball. She couldn't focus because Shawn was doing his victory dance right next to her. "I can't do this! I suck!" Lucy yelled in disappointment. "Hey... hey.... it's not fun if you quit... come on... let me help you." Shawn tells her softly. She sighs as she feels Shawn appear behind her again. "Your stance is all wrong.... you look like your ready to go skiing or something." Shawn teases her. She feels him place his hands on her hands once again sending chills through her body. "May I help you?" Shawn asks her softly. She nods as Shawn places his hands on her waist and fixed her posture. Lucy felt unable to breathe as the Hunter boy seemed to be fixing her entire body. Shawn placed his hands back over her hands. Shawn felt like his heart was going to explode. He wondered why he felt so strange. Was he sick? His stomach did feel funny. He looked down at Lucy and smiled at her. She was so close to him and Shawn realized in that moment how much he enjoyed being with her. Shawn stared at her and a small giggle left his lips. He immediately covered his mouth as Lucy started laughing at him.

"What was that?" Lucy asked him curiously as she turned to face him. He shook his head as he looked down at her. He could practically hear his heart pounding outside of his chest. He needed to get away from her! "I'll be right back!" Shawn yelled as he sprinted out of the room. Lucy was very confused why he left so abruptly. Shawn sprinted past Topanga and Cory before stopping and running back to them. "Topanga! Can I talk to you for a second?" Shawn asked her breathlessly. "Why? Is something wrong?" She asked him as she gave him a concerned look. He didn't respond as he dragged her away from Cory to a random table. "How do you umm... feel when you're around Cory?" Shawn asked her frantically. "Well... I don't know.... like I never want to be without him I guess...... he always makes my heart beat a little faster and sometimes he leaves me speechless." Topanga tells him in a dreamy voice. Shawn gasps in horror before sprinting away from her. He couldn't possibly like Lucy... could he?

_____________________________
Shawn 🤦🏼‍♀️