THIRTY SIX

(The Carnival)

(The Carnival)

•••

"YOU DIDN'T BRING A MAP"

Shawn and Lucy drove through the woods for a solid hour as they couldn't stop arguing. "If you go to the right... we will finally get out of the circle you have been going around for the past hour!" Lucy yelled at him. "I think we should go left." Shawn replies defensively. "We went that way the last ten times." Lucy says as she rests her head in her hands. She just wanted to arrive at the carnival but instead she was stuck in the car for an hour as Shawn drove around in circles like an idiot. "I'm going to the right..." Shawn says softly as he looks over at Lucy. She didn't lift her head up as it remained hidden in her hands. A frown formed on Shawns face as he reached across and gently ran his hands through her hair. He tried to move her hair out of her face so he could see her but she refused to look up. "Don't focus on the fact that we are lost... just see this as a chance for us to go on a little road trip before we get to the carnival." Shawn tells her as he pats her head. "But we don't know how to get to the carnival." Lucy mumbled into her hands. "That's a minor issue." Shawn says in a carefree tone. Lucy looks up at him as she glares at him. Shawn turned the radio on and started singing along to the lyrics as he started dancing in his seat. He was hoping to cheer Lucy up.

Lucy tried not to smile as Shawn tried to hit a high note but his voice cracked horrifically. Lucy felt a smile form on her face as a laugh left her lips. "Come on! Sing with me!" Shawn yelled over the music as a smirk formed on his face. Lucy rolled her eyes as she started singing with him. Shawn grabbed her hand and started screaming into like it was a microphone. Lucy laughed and Shawn immediately laughed with her due to how infectious the sound of her laugh was. He loved the way her face lit up when she smiled and he wished he could just look at her all day. He turned his attention back to the road when his eyes landed on a sign. "Hey! Read what that sign says!" Shawn tells Lucy as he nudges her arms "It says ten miles from Super World!" Lucy yelled in disbelief. "Told you I knew where I was going." Shawn says playfully. Lucy shook her head as she rolled her eyes. "You had no clue if this was the right direction." Lucy says to him in an annoyed tone.

"At least this will be a funny story to tell our kids." Shawn says sarcastically. "Did you say our kids?" Lucy asks him curiously. Shawn awkwardly laughs as he runs a hand through his hair. "No.. I uh... I meant like.... the kids we have separately... with different people..." Shawn stutters nervously. "Okay." Lucy says as she looks over at him. Shawn turned the radio up as he started screaming the lyrics to a song Lucy didn't know. Lucy stared at him as she admired how attractive he looked while singing. His hair was blowing in the wind causing him to run his hand through it. Lucy had to look away because she thought she might die from how hot he was. "We arrived and I didn't even need directions!" Shawn yells as he pulls into the carnivals parking lot. "You literally got lost for an hour." Lucy teases him. Shawn opens his mouth to argue with her but he knew she was very much correct.

"Wanna go in the back of my car and make out?" Shawn asks Lucy flirtatiously. "No!" Lucy screams at him as she smacks his arm. "I was joking! I was joking!" Shawn yelled defensively. Lucy ignored him as she got out of the car and slammed the door. Shawn quickly got out as he tried to catch up with her. "Can't believe Cory got sick on the biggest day ever." Shawn says to Lucy as they head into the carnival. "I know... it sucks." Lucy replies as they approach the entrance. Shawn pays for both of their wrist bands and then they look around for the scariest looking ride. "If you throw up can I take a picture of it?" Shawn asks Lucy in an excited tone. "No." Lucy replies sharply. "We are going on that ride." Shawn says in amazement as he points at a huge rollercoaster. He grabs Lucy's hand and drags her towards the ride. "Why are you going so fast?" Lucy asks him as he continues to yank her arm. "That's what she said." Shawn replies flirtatiously. Lucy glares at him as she scoffs in annoyance. "You... are... disgusting." Lucy mutters under her breath. "And yet...you always want to kiss me... so..." Shawn says in a cocky tone. "I never want to kiss you." Lucy replies defensively as she feels her face get hot. She hated how he made her heart quicken with the simple gesture of holding onto her hand the entire time they waited in line.

When they finally got onto the ride they sat directly next to each other. Shawn looked like a little child as a huge smile rested on his face. Lucy looked a little nervous but she loved rollercoasters. The moment the rollercoaster started Lucy grabbed onto Shawns hand. She squeezed it tighter as the ride started going up. The moment the ride dropped both Lucy and Shawn screamed and couldn't stop laughing. Lucy clung onto Shawns arm as her hair was blowing all over the place. Shawn felt a tug in his heart as he looked over at Lucy and down at his hand holding her hand. "Your hair is in my mouth!" Shawn yelled as he pushed her hair away from his face. "What?" Lucy screamed causing Shawn to laugh. Their eyes locked as the rollercoaster sped up causing them both to scream. When the ride was over everyone piled off and Lucy fell into Shawn causing Shawn to place his hands on her waist as he steadied her body. Lucy felt butterflies in her stomach as she felt Shawns hands remain on her waist. She regained her balance and her and Shawn walked around looking for another ride.

They went on a couple more rides before they stopped to get snow cones. Lucy bought one for herself and sat down across from Shawn at a small table. Lucy hadn't even taken one bite of her snow cone when Shawn took the spoon from her and started eating some of her snow cone. "It's hot..." Shawn says as he hands her back her spoon. "I'm definitely getting sun burnt." Lucy mutters as she starts eating her snow cone. Her and Shawn pass the spoon back and forth until they finish the snow cone. "I heard they do fireworks later in the night." Lucy says in an excited tone. "Then we better go on more rides and stay till it gets dark." Shawn says softly. Lucy's eyes locked with Shawns sending chills through her body. Shawn clears his throat as he grabs the empty snow cone and throws it away. "You wanna know something Lucy?" Shawn asks Lucy curiously. She looks over at him as she waits for him to tell her. "You are fun to be around." Shawn tells her softly. "Thanks.. I can't say the same about you." Lucy replies sarcastically. Shawn rolls his eyes at her as he reaches down to grab her hand. Shawn had planned on spending the day with Cory but he loved getting alone time with Lucy.

______________________________
They do be acting like a couple but ... they still say they friends 👁👄👁