TEN

(Seven Minutes In Heaven)

•••

"DON'T WORRY.... I AM HERE AND I BROUGHT THE ALCOHOL!"

Shawn Hunter walked inside the Matthew's house and was instantly met by the sound of music blaring in his ears. He had a large case of beers in his arms as he struggled to close the door. He noticed Cory anxiously pacing back and forth in the living room. Shawn walked through the crowd of girls dancing causing them all to giggle. "Why are you pacing?" Shawn yelled at Cory over the music. "Because..... I threw a party at my house.... I just know I'm going to get into trouble." Cory replied nervously as he continued to pace back and forth. Shawn shook his head in disbelief as he laughed at him. "So uhhh... where's Lucy at?" Shawn asked Cory curiously as his eyes scanned the room. The house wasn't that crowded due to it only being a small amount of people. Shawns eyes landed on Eric talking to a bunch of girls.

"She's over there! Acting as cool as a cucumber as if mom and dad aren't going to completely destroy us when they find out!" Cory tells Shawn anxiously as he turns Shawns attention over to the other side of the room. Shawn felt a huge smile form on his face as his eyes landed on Lucy. She was talking to Topanga as she used her hands in a dramatic way to explain the story to her friend. Shawns eyes scanned her body as he took in her appearance. She was wearing a pink crop top with a short skirt. Shawns eyes lingered on her body for a little too long as he was captivated by her beauty. He quickly looked away and turned his attention back to Cory. "I brought drinks everybody!" Shawn announced to everyone. Everyone cheered as they all crowded around Shawn. Shawn handed out drinks to all of them. When he gave Lucy her drink he felt sparks in his fingers as her hand brushed against his. "Hey... I didn't know you were here yet." Lucy tells him playfully as she nudges his arm.

"The party doesn't start till Shawn Hunter arrives." Shawn replies in a cocky tone. Shawn looks Lucy up and down as he takes a sip of his drink. Lucy feels butterflies erupt in her stomach as she looks up at Shawn. He was wearing his leather jacket and he looked very hot. "Want a sip of my drink babe?" Shawn asked her flirtatiously as he waved the beer in front of her eyes. "I have my own." She replies sharply as she rolls her eyes and sits down on the couch. "Let's all play a game!" A random girl yelled. Everyone agreed as they all gathered around the couch. Shawn sat directly next to Lucy. The moment Shawn sat down Lucy felt very nervous. He sat so close to her and when she looked up at him he seemed unfazed. "What game are we playing?" Topanga asked the other girl curiously. "Seven minutes in heaven." The girl replied back causing everyone to start whispering.

"Is Jack Sterling here?" Shawn muttered sarcastically as he looked around the room. "Why? You scared I might kiss him?" Lucy asks teases Shawn. "Just making sure he's not here." Shawn replies sharply. Everyone wrote their names down and put them into hats. One hat for the girl names and one hat for the boys. Lucy had never played this game before and she had never even kissed anyone before. She nervously drank her beer leaving a bitter taste in her mouth. "Easy..... slow down." Shawn tells her playfully as he grabs the beer out of her hand. She watches as he chugs the rest of her beer. "You're the one who needs to slow down." Lucy mutters as she nudges his arm. "Excuse you.....I'm a pro at drinking..... oh and you look nice tonight." Shawn replies flirtatiously as he winks at her. Lucy felt chills run through her body as Shawn winked at her. She looked away from him as she could still feel his eyes on her. There were so many girls here for him to annoy and yet here he was sitting next to Lucy.

Random names were pulled from the hat causing Lucy to nervously bite her nails as she waited for her name to be picked. She didn't want to get anyone she didn't know. She also didn't want to get any weird boys she knew. "Cory and Topanga!" The girl yelled as she drew the names. They both smiled nervously at each other as they headed into the closet. "I'm gonna be the best man at their wedding." Shawn gushes over the couple to Lucy. "I've shipped them since.....pretty much forever... soooo..." Lucy replies in an excited tone. "I want something like what they have." Shawn mutters softly to himself. "You will find someone... I know it." Lucy reassures him as she grabs his hand. Shawn flinches at her touch as he looked up at her. Their eyes met causing Shawns heart to quicken. The sound of the closet door opening caused the two to quickly look away from one another.

"Next we have.... Shawn and..... Lucy!" The girl yelled as she drew two more names. Shawn and Lucy both froze as everyone looked at them. Lucy felt like she couldn't breathe and Shawn was freaking out. Shawn grabbed her hand as he led her to the closet. He waved at everyone as he seemed calm and cool. The moment he closed the closet door Shawn fought the urge to kiss Lucy immediately. "What are the odds we got put together?" Lucy mumbles awkwardly as she takes a step away from Shawn. "Well.... I mean...... we don't have to kiss.... it's kinda what I always do in these type of games though." Shawn tells her in a flirtatious voice. Lucy looked up at him as his eyes remained locked on her. "Oh... I don't know... I couldn't do that to Cory plus I wouldn't want to ruin anything between us." Lucy replies awkwardly. Her eyes glanced down at Shawns lip as she realized just how much she wanted to kiss him. He looked so hot in the closet only inches away from her in the very small space.

"Come on....it's just a kiss.... Cory doesn't even have to know." Shawn whispers seductively as he takes a step closer to her. Shawn closed the space between them. His face was now inches away from Lucy's and Lucy could practically hear her heart pounding out of her chest. Lucy took a step back causing her back to meet the wall of the closet. Shawn stepped closer to her as a smile rested on his face. He placed his hand on her cheek as his eyes flickered to her lips. "I don't know how to kiss that...well." Lucy stuttered nervously as she struggled to form words with the boy being so close to her. "Have you never been kissed before?" Shawn asks her softly. Lucy's eyes showed nervousness as she awkwardly laughed. "No." Lucy replies softly. "Well why not?" Shawn asks her curiously. "I don't think anybody has ever wanted to kiss me." Lucy tells him truthfully. Shawn shook his head softly as he laughed. "That's bullshit.... I bet a bunch of guys have wanted to kiss you... you just never seem interested in any of them." Shawn tells her sharply. Lucy took a deep breath as she could feel Shawns breath on her. He placed his other hand on her cheek causing her to flinch at her touch.

"Lucky thing for you because I'm a professional....just follow my lead." Shawn whispers flirtatiously as he starts to lean in. Shawns lips were about to touch Lucy's lips when the door burst open. They both quickly pulled away as they turned their attention to the girl who had opened the door. They both walked out as everyone cheered for them. Shawn had a smile stuck on his face as he wrapped his arm around Lucy. Shawn wished he had kissed her. He wanted to...but he also knew he wasn't sure how he felt about her yet. He was kinda relieved that they got interrupted and he had no clue if Lucy liked him. Heck he had no clue if he even liked her as more than friends. "I'm gonna go get us some more drinks." Shawn tells Lucy as he squeezes her shoulder. Lucy nodded as her face got red. Shawn Hunter almost kissed her again! Did he know she liked him?

________________________________
They almost kissed in the closet 😏