FORTY

(The Lovers)

(The Lovers)

•••

"KEEPING THIS SECRET KEEPS GETTING HARDER AND HARDER."

Lucy walked down the stairs and into her kitchen. Her eyes landed on Cory and Eric eating breakfast at the table. Her mom and dad were rushing around trying to pack lunches and help Morgan get ready for school. Lucy sighed as she felt exhausted and hated the idea of going to school. She sat down next to Eric and started pouring her cereal. She noticed Eric staring at her with wide eyes. "Quit staring at me weirdo!" She yelled in an annoyed tone. Eric just laughed as he looked at her and then quickly looked away. "What's so funny?" Lucy asks him angrily. He shrugs innocently as he goes back to eating his food. Lucy didn't know why he was acting weird. She turned her attention to Cory and he immediately screamed when he looked at her. "What? Do I have something on my face?" Lucy asks her brother frantically. Cory was pointing at her neck as his mouth was hanging open. Eric started laughing as he looked at Lucy. "Who... where... why are there marks on your neck?" Cory stutters dramatically. Lucy still had no idea what they were talking about. She tried to look down at her neck but couldn't see anything so she rushed to the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and noticed two hickeys on her neck. "Shawn." She huffed nervously as she examined the marks on her skin. She quickly sprinted up the stairs and frantically searched for a shirt that would cover them up. She found a sweater and quickly put it on before taking a deep breath and walking back downstairs.

"It's a scratch on the car it's not a big deal!" Eric argued with his father. "You didn't tell us.. you are in serious trouble.." Mrs. Matthew's yelled at him. "Well... I'm not even the child you should be concerned about... Lucy has two hickeys on her neck!" Eric yelled as he pointed at his sister. Lucy felt her mouth drop open as she felt the urge to strangle her brother. "You little shit." Lucy whispers aggressively as she glares at Eric. Eric sticks his tongue out at her and Lucy fights back every urge to punch him. Mrs. Matthew's looked so shocked as she stared at her daughter. "Who gave you hickeys?" Mrs. Matthew's asked her in disbelief. "Eric's lying... I don't have hickeys." Lucy lies as she continues to eat her cereal. Cory pulls off her sweater causing her to smack his arm. Her mom gasped as her eyes landed on Lucy's neck. "You are grounded." Mrs. Matthew's tells her sharply. "Come on mom... if this was Eric you wouldn't care because he's a boy!" Lucy yells in annoyance. "I care about you and I know whoever did this doesn't care about you." Mrs. Mathews tells her angrily. "What's the boys name.. I want to talk to him." Mr. Matthew's says in a sharp tone. Lucy rolled her eyes as she shook her head. "I hate you so much Eric." Lucy huffed in annoyance as she grabbed her backpack and sprinted out the door.

Lucy slammed her locker shut as the bell rang and everyone rushed to their classes. She hated being grounded and she hated that Eric told her parents about the hickeys. Now they were going to be watching her extra carefully. She realized she forgot one of her books causing her to reopen her locker. Before she had time to grab her books she felt two arms wrap around her waist as her body was lifted into the air. She took in Shawns familiar scent as he spun her around. "What the hell Shawn?" Lucy asks him in disbelief. He doesn't respond as he sets her down and places kisses on her cheeks. She tried to squirm out of his grip but his hands tightened around her waist. "Someone could see us." Lucy says nervously as she looks up at him. A smirk formed on Shawns face as he ran a hand through his hair. "Hello! Anyone here!" He yelled loudly through the empty hall. When he was met by silence he raised his eyebrow at Lucy. She shook her head as she laughed at him. "See.. nobody's here..." Shawn replies flirtatiously as he leans in and places a kiss on her lips. Lucy pulls her lips away from him causing him to groan in annoyance. "I'm
grounded because my entire family saw the hickeys on my neck." Lucy says aggressively as she pulls down her sweater. "I'll add a few more.." Shawn says sarcastically as he kisses her neck.

"We can't do this kinda stuff at school... someone could see us." Lucy whispers as her face is inches away from Shawn. "Like I said before... no one is here." Shawn reassures her. He places his lips on Lucy's lips again as he gently pushes her up against the locker. He places his hands on her cheeks as he smiles into the kiss. Lucy pulls away as she shakes her head. "We can't do this at school..." Lucy whispers frantically. "No ones here." Shawn replies playfully as he kissed her cheek. He placed his lips back on her lips as his hands roamed her body. "Hunter! What in Gods name are you doing?" Mr. Turner yelled down the hall. Shawn quickly pulled away from Lucy as he awkwardly ran a hand through his hair. "I was..." Shawn begins to say but Mr. Turner interrupts him. "Will both of you get to class!" Mr. Turner yelled at them. Both of their faces were in right red as Mr. Turner stared at them in disbelief. Lucy nodded frantically as she grabbed her backpack and sprinted into history class.

The entire history class was torture for Shawn. He was not only bored but was craving Lucy's touch. She was sitting in the seat in front of him and he just wanted to feel the slightest form of contact from her. Holding hands would even be enough but he knew Topanga and Cory were sitting near him. He impatiently waited for the class to be over as he stared at Lucy. He wondered how she could look so pretty just sitting there doing absolutely nothing. He couldn't get her off of his mind. The moment the bell rang Shawn grabbed Lucy's hand and dragged her out of the classroom. "What are you doing?" Lucy asks him curiously as he leads her through the hall. Students flooded through the hall as Shawn blew by them. They arrived at the janitors closet and Shawn led Lucy inside. "What are we..." Lucy begins to say but Shawn interrupts her by placing his lips on her lips. Lucy felt her back hit the wall as Shawn started kissing down her neck. He turned his attention back to her face as he slowly moved a piece of her hair out of her face. "I love you." Shawn whispered as his face was inches away from Lucy's lips. His eyes flickered down to her lips and he slowly leaned in and his lips molded into hers. Lucy felt like her heart might explode as Shawn held on tightly to her waist. She loved the way kissing Shawn made her feel and how perfectly he moved his mouth against hers.

The sound of janitor closet opening caused Lucy to quickly pull away from Shawn. Lucy's eyes landed on Cory and Topanga causing her heart to stop. "You... you... you.... were kissing her!" Cory yells as his face was filled with shock. "I knew they were secretly dating." Topanga tells Cory in a cocky tone. Shawn felt like his heart was sinking as he looked over at his best friend. Cory looked so hurt. "Shawn.... you're my best friend... but she's my sister... and you didn't even tell me about this..." Cory says in a weak voice. "I didn't want to tell you because you told me not to date her." Shawn says in a soft tone. "I can't lose you Shawn... if you date her and you both end up broken hearted I won't be able to pick a side... I can't be in the middle of your relationship..." Cory stutters as he looks like he might cry. "You won't lose me.. I really care about Lucy and I'm not going to hurt her." Shawn says sharply. Cory shook his head. "You get a new girl every other week." Cory says in a disappointed tone. "Because I was still looking for the right person but now I found her and Lucy is the only person I have a real connection with." Shawn says as he grabs Lucy's hand. Corys eyes land on Shawn and Lucy's hands causing him to take a deep breath.

"Cory... you know Shawn.. you know he's a good friend and you know you can trust him... you also know he's the best person for Lucy." Topanga tells Cory. Cory sighs as he looks over at Topanga. "Fine you guys can date.. but no kissing or showing affection in front of me cause that's disgusting." Cory mutters causing Lucy to smile. Shawn placed a small kiss on Lucys lips causing Cory to gag. "Stop.. no... just no." Cory yelled in disgust as he quickly ran out of the janitors closet. Shawn laughed as he wrapped his arms around Lucy. "Now we don't have to be a secret anymore." Shawn says softly as Lucy rests her head on his shoulder. "Which means I can kiss you whenever I want." Shawn says flirtatiously as he places a kiss on his lips. "Eww no more kisses." Lucy says sarcastically as she wipes his kiss away. Shawn looks hurt as his mouth falls open. Lucy laughs as she starts to walk out of the closet but Shawn grabs her wrist and yanks her back towards him. She nearly falls over but Shawn steadies her body with his hands tightly pressed on her waist. Their bodies were pressed against each other causing Lucy to take a deep breath. Shawn places his hands on her face as he leaned in and kissed her.

_____________________________
THE END - I hope you all enjoyed! I love all of your comments and support!! Sorry I couldn't make it longer because I didn't want to make it feel forced or drag it on for too long.....I will be posting a Jack Hunter Story that I have been working on if any of you are interested and want to go read it.... that will be on my profile very soon or it may be up there now...thanks for all the love on this story and hope you liked it🥰  feel free to check out my profile for other stories 💕