TWENTY THREE

(The Brother)

(The Brother)

•••

"MAYBE YOU NEED TO MEET SOMEONE NEW TO GET OVER SHAWN."

Topanga and Lucy were sitting in a booth at Chubbies as Lucy ranted to her about Shawn. "How can I meet someone better than Shawn? Have you seen him?" Lucy huffs in frustration as she lays her head down on the table. "You and me both know Shawn Hunter will never be able to make a commitment." Topanga replies sharply. "But he's so cute!" Lucy groans in annoyance. "Pull yourself together! And find yourself someone knew!" Topanga yells as she pushes Lucy's head up. "You're right.... there are other fishes in the sea....." Lucy replies in a hopeful tone as she stands up. Her mind instantly starts thinking of Shawn and his perfect hair. She sits back down in defeat as she holds back the urge to scream. "But Shawns so compassionate." Lucy mutters as she places her head back down on the table. "There are going to be other pretty and compassionate boys in your life!" Topanaga yells at her.

"Can one just walk through the door right now?" Lucy asked Topanga as her head remained on the table. The sound of the bell ringing on the door caused Lucy to immediately pop her head up. Her eyes landed on a tall brunette boy walking into Chubbies. He had a very sharp jawline and he was very attractive. "No way." Topanga mutters. Lucy stares at him as she tries to force herself to fall for him. She thought he was cute but he wasn't Shawn. "Go talk to him." Topanaga orders her as she pushes her out of the booth. Lucy trips on the seat causing her to nearly face plant onto the ground. She felt two strong arms grab her waist and catch her before she fell. "Are you alright?" A male voice asks her softly. She looks up and realizes the attractive boy had caught her. "Thank you." Lucy stutters as he helps her stand up. "No problem." He mutters as he looks her up and down.

"I'm Uh Lucy..." She stutters as she awkwardly holds her hand out to him. He laughs showing off his adorable smile. "I'm Jack..." He replies softly as he shakes her hand. When he touched her hand Lucy felt no sparks. He didn't make her feel the way Shawn did and it was starting to upset her. "Let me buy you a drink." Jack offers as he sits down at a booth. "Okay." Lucy replies softly as she sits down across from him. Topanga was in the booth next to Lucy and Lucy turned around to look at her. Topanga gave her a thumbs up causing Lucy to roll her eyes. "I'll be back in a second." Lucy tells Jack frantically. She runs into Topangas booth. "I don't feel anything special with him." Lucy tells Topanga nervously. "Kiss him." Topanga encourages her. "Are you insane?" Lucy asked Topanga in disbelief. "Do it and you will get over Shawn." Topanga tells her sharply. Lucy sighs as she walks back over to the booth.

"I got you a milkshake." Jack tells her as he smiles at her. Lucy felt bad since he was such a nice guy but she didn't feel anything special for him. "Thank you." Lucy replies softly. The milkshake had two straws in it causing Lucy to nervously start drinking it. "So Lucy... what do you like to do?" Jack asks her curiously. Whenever she talked to him he seemed really interested and he was a good listener but her mind could only think of Shawn. She then remembered what Topanga had told her. "Do you wanna kiss me?" Lucy asked Jack abruptly. "Sure...." Jack replies instantly. Jack leaned in and slowly placed his lips on Lucy. Lucy felt weird kissing him and her eyes were wide open. "No! No! No! No!" A familiar male voice screamed. Lucy quickly pulled away from Jack. Chubbies instantly got weirdly quiet. Her eyes landed on Shawn staring at her. His mouth was dropped open and he looked so hurt. "You kissed.... him....." Shawn stuttered out as he pointed at Jack. "Hi Shawn." Jack mumbles as he waves at him. "You know him?" Lucy asks Jack in disbelief. "He's my brother." Shawn replies in an angry tone. Lucy's eyes widened as she realized she just kissed Shawns brother. She had never seen Shawn look so angry as he glared at Jack.

"I didn't know you had a brother." Lucy mutters awkwardly. "I wont have one anymore once I'm through with him!" Shawn screamed as he tackled Jack to the ground. "Stop it!" Topanga screamed as Shawn started punching his brother. "You never show up! I haven't seen you in years and then you show up and kiss my girl!" Shawn screamed angrily. "I didn't know she was yours!" Jack replies sharply as he pushes Shawn off of him and tackles him onto the ground. Jack sat on Shawn and grabbed his arms to stop him from punching him. "I hate you!" Shawn screamed at him. "You don't mean that." Jack replies softly. Shawns eyes locked with Lucy's eyes. She looked so concerned and Shawn could feel his heart breaking. "You kissed her.... before me...... you kissed her and she wanted it...." Shawn says in a sad tone. "She didn't want it... I can tell you that much..." Jack reassures his brother. "Doesn't matter... you kissed her....." Shawn replies sharply as he pushed Jack off of him and starts hitting him again. "Woah... I go to order my food and missed everything." Cory mutters in a disappointed tone as he looks down at Shawn.

"That's Shawns brother and he kissed Lucy." Topanga explains to Cory. Cory screamed as he pointed at Jack. "New rule! No Hunter boy is allowed to date my sister." He tells them as he gestures to Lucy. Jack was still getting his face pounded into the ground by Shawn. "Shawn! I don't like Jack okay! I just met him." Lucy yells at Shawn. "He kissed you..." Shawn replies angrily as he continues to hit Jack. "Shawn.... You kiss people all of the time! It didn't mean anything." Lucy replies defensively. "Gee... I feel special." Jack mumbles sarcastically. Shawn stops hitting his brother as he climbs off of him. Shawns eyes lock with Lucy and his eyes are filled with hurt. He looks like he might cry as he starts talking to her. "You deserve someone like him.....he's nice.... he treats girls nice.... he can make a commitment... he has money to pay for nice dinners...... you should date him... he's perfect for you." Shawn tells Lucy as his voice cracks. Shawn quickly looks away from Lucy and down at Jack. Lucy can see the pain on Shawns face as he wipes tears from his eyes. "Treat her right... I know you will." Shawn whispers to him. Before anyone had time to respond he quickly walked out of Chubbies without looking back at Lucy. Seeing him like that made her heart hurt. She sighed before quickly chasing after him.

______________________________
Stop Shawn..... she doesn't want him 🥺