XLVII: let the games begin

"You know I'm just a flight away, if you wanted you could take a private plane

"You know I'm just a flight away, if you wanted you could take a private plane."

~K.U

༺═──────────────═༻

The scent of miso soup is the first thing I wake up to, slowly filling the space between the nightmares I'm often plagued with. They swirl in shapes of obsidian mist that aim to choke and falter. When I shake off the sleep that blurs my vision, I'm glad the scent reminds me of you. My home, my safe haven.

One foot, then two on the floor. I look at the mirror next to the bed and chuckle at the sight. My hair is a rat's nest, and my chest and torso are covered in scratches and red blotches. I wince as I stand up completely, pulling on some clothes to get decent. I can't move my shoulders without feeling the delicious sting along my back.

I follow your invisible footsteps all the way into the kitchen where I see you standing over the stove. Your body is bare save for my shirt and glazed with my markings, and I feel my mouth watering at both the sight and the memories of last night.

You've gotten bolder in defying me in our struggle for dominance, squirming out of my grip when I pin you down or daring to establish boundaries on me. I always end up getting the reins in the end, of course, but if you knew how the gears in my head turn, perhaps you'd be more careful.

I come up behind you and put my arms around your waist, then bury my head into the crook of your neck as I murmur, "How'd you sleep?" I feel you smile as you reach behind to rub my arms.

"I didn't do much sleeping," you reply with a giggle, "but I'm sure there'll be plenty of time to do that on the plane." My lips stop mid-way up your neck before I remember.

When you sprung the idea of the trip on me a few weeks ago, I was shocked more than anything. Had I really done this right enough for you to trust me over Jungkook to come with you? I said I'd have to think about it, (it wasn't a complete lie. How would I make up for losing income for those weeks?) but from the look on your face, you knew what my answer would be.

And how could I say no to you, my dear? A chance to prove to you, once and for all, that I am yours and you are mine (MINE!) forever and ever is not a chance that would not come often.

"When do we leave again?" I ask as you turn off the stove and pour the miso soup into bowls.

"Didn't I tell you half a dozen times already?"

"One more time shouldn't hurt, then."

You roll your eyes playfully. "Hoseok said the plane takes off at 12PM, so we should probably leave by 11AM." I check my watch; an hour to go.

"Alright. Do you mind if I take the shower first?" I ask. "I'll be quick. Promise."

"Sounds good to me. I probably need time to pack a few other things, anyway," you say, to which I visibly balk.