XXXII: room 308

"I know you got daddy issues

"I know you got daddy issues."

~T.N

༺═──────────────═༻

Room 308. The numbers swim in his head like koi fish, blissfully unaware of their own existence. The black ones with the orange blotches were always his favorite as a child. Ink blended with water, almost blurring out of his sight before he saw his own hand jutting out to grab one by the fin. Chubby fingers learned to grip when they thrashed, and in fact, it was better that way. He liked when the red mixed with the neon.

But he's better than that now. He's whipped himself into shape, hasn't he? Took off the training wheels, so to speak, moved onto bigger prey. For being self-taught, he prides himself on being efficient, but most of all consistent, in his work.

Not like Taehyung. The little shit won't admit the fun of the hunt, but that's okay for now. He's here to sweep his old life under the rug and start anew with only the bond of shared hobbies to keep them together. Seokjin will have the brother he always wanted soon enough.

Slipping into the shining gates of Querencia wasn't hard. In fact, it was insultingly easy to grab a delivery man leaving the building, ring him out a little, and put on his uniform. As long as he kept his head low with his hat on, no one would think to ask why he was doing his job, even if that meant wheeling around an empty cart.

All he sees are old people coming up and down the halls, some with canes and others with a spring in their step. Either way, he finds them repulsive.

The wrinkles they bear so proudly and the haughty tilt of the head in which they regard him, as if their children love them more because they threw money at a decorated prison. How can they live past the age of 40? How did they refrain from killing themselves as soon as they saw the first white hair on their head?

He shakes his head in shame for mankind; humans are so weak-willed, after all. They would never have the strength to leave behind a corpse that can't watch itself decay.

Seokjin leans against the wall as he sees an orderly come his way with a glass of water and two pills of Simvastatin, turning to go into the exact room he had been searching for. The orderly engages in small talk with the man inside before setting the two items down on the nightstand to go back the way she came.

He grins like a schoolboy. Just what the doctor ordered.

Careful steps give birth to the next and the next after that, but no one is there to hear it. It's just him and the nonenal-drenched halls.

304.

The wolf returns to his dwelling, ready to finish dinner.

306.

Where he finds the bleeding hare still kicking.

308.

The knob turns without a squeak of protest.