Prologue

Let me tell an old story anew, and we will see how well you know it.

Once upon a time, there were two kingdoms that were the worst of neighbors.

So vast was the discord between them that it was said only a great hero or a terrible villain might bring them together.

In one kingdom lived folk like you and me, with a vain and greedy king to rule over them.

They were forever discontent, and envious of the wealth and beauty of their neighbors.

For in the other kingdom, the Moors, lived every manner of strange and wonderful creature.

And they needed neither king nor queen, but trusted in one another.

In a great tree on a great cliff in the Moors lived two such spirits.

You might take them for girls, but they were not just any girls.

They were fairies.

As children, they quickly bonded, both seeming to be the only of their kind.

They began to do everything together, becoming the best of friends.

And their names were Maleficent and y/n.

Maleficent had hair, dark as a raven, with huge and strong black wings to match, along with dark horns, while y/n had lovely h/c hair, with gorgeous blue wings, resembling that of a blue butterfly.

Her wings weren't quite as strong as Maleficent's, but they were more complex.

Y/n's wings were translucent and fragile looking, though they were more movable than they seemed.

Additionally, her wings, unlike Maleficent's, were retractable, but she never retracted them.

Though butterfly wings have more purpose than just to fly.

The pattern of the wings of a butterfly is used to scare away predators, warning them with bright colors.

But this was the opposite for y/n, as the beauty of her wings and herself would make the predators no longer wish to harm her.

And she had a personality to match this as well, being the sweetest creature that Maleficent thought she'd ever met

The two best friends flew together, reveling in the freedom of flight.

"Good morning, Mr. Chanterelle!" Maleficent shouts at a Mushroom fairy.

"I love your cap!" Y/n adds.

He lifts his hat at the two of them, smiling at their happiness.

The pair approach three creatures having a mud fight.