Apologies

Y/n appeared near where Maleficent was.

"Are you happy? Have you finally achieved your revenge?!" she asked the horned fairy.

"Oh, nice of you to show up. You haven't returned home for two years!" Maleficent countered.

"This land which you terrorize is no home to me!" y/n yelled.

"Well then what is? That damned butterfly you spend all of your time with?!" Maleficent yelled back.

"You know nothing of Sapphire. Do not speak of her!" y/n responded, while her butterfly landed on her shoulder.

"And what of that crow who follows you around like a lost dog." y/n continued.

"Diaval is a raven!" Maleficent corrects.

"And at least I don't sleep with him" the older fairy mutters under her breath.

"Let us not bicker like children. The issue is that you have cursed an innocent child, who could do you no wrong!" y/n got the argument back on track. "You ruined a child's life!"

"I did the world a favor! It would've given into its dark human temptations, just as it's sick father had" Maleficent argues.

"How dare you think that you can control a child's fate!" y/n yelled, angrily.

While continuing to yell, she backed Maleficent into a tree.

Maleficent wanted to teleport away, but the angry look in y/n's eyes stopped her from being able to.

"You are a monster! Aurora was an innocent!" y/n yells, giving Maleficent another strong push, though she was already against the tree.

And for some reason, hearing the girl she once loved, call her a monster, made the dark fairy's confident facade fade.

And so she looked into y/n's angry eyes and whispered the words she never thought she'd say again, "I'm sorry".

And just like that, the angry look in y/n's eyes went away.

"I'm sorry for yelling" y/n said, showing no emotion.

And she went to walk away.

"I'm sorry for choking you" Maleficent said, referring to what she did earlier, before y/n could leave.

Y/n stopped in her tracks and turned around. "I'm sorry for leaving you for so long" y/n continued in the apology list.

A small smile appeared on Maleficent's stoic face. So small that anyone would miss it.

"I'm sorry for causing you to leave" she responded.

Amidst all the apologies, Diaval flew in, and Maleficent transformed him into a human.

"I found where they're keeping the baby. Will we go now?" he asked his mistress, before he noticed the other fairy.

"You found the child?" y/n asked the raven.

He nodded, cautiously.

"And why did you want him to find the child?" she asked, looking to Maleficent.

She said nothing.

"I know the perfect way that you can make up for your vengeful ways" y/n said to the horned fairy.

"And what would that be?" Maleficent responded, slightly amused.

"We, are going to raise that baby." the younger fairy says.

"What?" Maleficent responded, not expecting that response.

"You know those pixies. With those three looking after Aurora, she'll be dead by next morning." y/n says.

"I. Am. Not. Looking after that little... that little Beast" Maleficent responded.

"Then I'll leave" y/n threatened, obviously bluffing.

"So leave. You think I'd care if you left? You've done it before" Maleficent said, coldly.

"Well... I'm not leaving." she stated.

"You have down a dark path, Mal. And is my fault for abandoning you. I'll take it as my duty to redirect you" y/n spoke, unwaveringly.

"But y/n—" Maleficent tried to argue.

"We are taking care of that baby. End of discussion!"